Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not just those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s online community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s April Blog Hop! Stampin’ Up! announced it’s retired list yesterday – while we are sad to see some of our favorite products leave the catalog, we are certain that some amazing new products are on their way. As we introduce the 2016-2018 In Colors to you, we know we have to say goodbye to the 2014-2016 In Colors. Today’s Blog Hop is filled with inspiring projects that share some great ideas – featuring Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Tangelo Twist, Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Bravo, In Colors!
I’ve really loved working with this batch of In Colors. Not only was I privileged to “unveil” them on the Caribbean cruise in 2014, but they’ve been a staple in my craft room. Here are the five colors that are now retired:
Although I have my favorites from the bunch, I thought it would be fun to incorporate ALL FIVE of them into a card. This is my send-off to these great colors! My fingers are crossed that some of them will make their way back to me during a future color refresh. 🙂 Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Epic Alphabet and Bravo. Not only does this showcase the retiring colors, but it also (unintentionally) showcases two wonderful photopolymer stamp sets that made it onto Stampin’ Up!’s Retiring List: Epic Alphabet and Bravo. I thought the fun stripes in these letters would look wonderful colored in these retiring colors. What fun! The “you did it” sentiment fits perfectly here. Here’s a look at these two sets:
- Have Fun with Lettering. When I first set out to create the “bravo” sentiment across the front of the card, I tried to line them all up in one straight line. When that was a tough challenge, I decided to just have fun with them and position them in varying directions. In the end, that gave me a much more vibrant, celebratory look. I positioned the stars to balance the sentiment on the card front. Love it!
- Other Retiring Items. There’s always something exciting (and simultaneously sad) about a retiring list. We know we can’t order these items anymore – and some will be gone really soon because they are offered on a WHILE SUPPLIES LAST basis. If you would like to review the items that are retiring, click on the image below – but please make sure you come back to finish this hop. You don’t want to miss out!
Stamp Sets: Epic Alphabet, Bravo Papers: Blackberry Bliss, Tangelo Twist, Whisper White Inks: Basic Black Archival, Stampin’ Write Markers (Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist) Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at StampCandy
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com