This week’s challenge for CAS(E) this sketch offers a beautifully simple layout. I didn’t have to look far to find the perfect sentiment to layer over top of these five background panels. I was looking for a reason to open up my new Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies, and this sketch gave me all the permission I needed. Woo hoo! Here’s my card:
And here’s the sketch for this week’s challenge that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies. I’m 100% head-over-heals in love with the words, fonts and images in the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits dies – if you didn’t flip to page 194 in the Annual Catalog, then you might not have experienced their awesomeness. While the dies pair perfectly with the Sunshine Sayings stamp set (I bought them as a bundle), they pair with other sets, too. I used the dies to crop “Congrats” for today’s card and paired with with a sentiment from Cottage Greetings. I will be using the stamps from Sunshine Sayings, too, but I had just what I wanted today. Check out all of the amazing components of the Sunshine Sayings bundle:
- Background. The panels behind my sentiment were stamped with a dotted image from Perfectly Wrapped – perfect for this sketch. When I squinted at my card, I realized I needed something else in the top, right corner of the card – three black flowers from the Tree Builder Punch and three White Perfect Accents gave me the pizzazz and balanced I needed.
- Congrats Colors. While Calypso Coral falls into the Subtles color family, it can really hold its own as a bold, bright color when paired with the right colors. Tempting Turquoise and Basic Black really gave this coral the balance I wanted for this fun card. If you like this combination of colors, too, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Cottage Greetings, Perfectly Wrapped Papers: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Calypso Coral, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies, Tree Builder punch, White Perfect Accents, Stampin’ Dimensionals
ONE DAY ONLY Paper Pumpkin Deal. Have you ever thought about signing up for Paper Pumpkin but have put it off. Thursday is your chance – new subscribers (subscribers are determined by their email account) can get their first kit for $5. What are you waiting for?
- Starts June 9 at 5:00 PM (MT)
- Ends June 10 at 11:50 PM (MT)
To sign up for Paper Pumpkin, CLICK HERE and make sure you use the “ONEDAYDEAL” promo code.
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stamp Sale and Open House. I’m hosting a sale of my retired stamps, punches, dies, papers and accessories on Saturday, June 11 in Atlanta, Georgia. Doors will open at 9am and will close between noon and 1pm. I hope that all of my retired items will have found new homes during those hours. 🙂 Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or directions.Trying to Narrow Down Your Wish List? I’ve shared two days of My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Annual Catalog. Perhaps my lists can help you narrow down your choices? You can check them out here and here.
Do you like free stamps? You’ll earn two from stamp sets when you buy Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit in June. What a great way to check off your wish list of the items you already want! Click on the picture below to read more about this awesome promotion.
Earn $35 Additional Stampin’ Rewards in June. Yippee! With qualifying orders of $35o or more, you can earn an additional $35 of Stampin’ Rewards to spend on whatever you want. Click on the picture below to read more about this great promotion.