Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not just those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
I’m also excited that my awesome friend, Linda Heller, is joining our hop today. Linda shares lots of great ideas and inspiration at Where the Rubber Hits the Road… and Stamping School. So glad you could hop with us today, Linda!
Let’s get to the hop!
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s July Blog Hop! Can you believe we are half-way to Christmas? It might seem a bit early to start looking at wintry scenes and holiday goodies, but there are so many great products in Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Annual Catalog that we want to share before the Holiday Catalog is revealed next month. Today’s Blog Hop is filled with inspiring projects that feature each artist’s take on Christmas in July. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Strength & Prayers at Christmas
For today’s project, I’ve created a beautiful Christmas card with an image from a sympathy stamp set. I think you’ll agree that this dove is right at home on this Christmas card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Strength & Prayers. I adore this graceful bird with its lacy wings. The minute I spotted it in Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Annual Catalog, I knew I’d have to showcase him on a Christmas card. While he’s featured in a sympathy set, he’s perfect for sharing the peace and love of the holidays. I’ve only used this dove one other time – for a sympathy card. My placement of dove and sentiment was very similar on that card – you can see it here.
- Three Pops of Copper. Copper is trending big-time in home decor and fashion. At the same time, Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog introduces us to our new metallic favorite. I feature three pops of copper on this card with three new products that are must haves. These items are shown in the picture below:
- Color Combination. I wasn’t expecting the Copper Accents to pair so well with Cherry Cobbler. In fact, they didn’t compete for attention at all. That might be because I left so much open, white space on the card. If you like this combination of colors, too, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Strength & Prayers, Holly Jolly Greetings Papers: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Versamark Accessories: Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Copper Metallic Thread, Affectionately Yours Designer Washi Tape, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at Stamp Candy. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Linda Heller at Where the Rubber Hits the Road…
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
- Lory Robinson at The Robin’s Nest Designs
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossom with Becky
- Natalie Bradley at NatalieBradley.com