Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not just those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
For today’s blog hop, I’m excited to include my dear friend, Louise Sharp, in this month’s hop with my team. Louise is a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Australia – she and I first met four years ago at Stampin’ Up!’s Convention and have been trouble-making, fun-having friends since. 🙂
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s August Blog Hop! Stampin’ Up! demonstrators have been actively ordering from the 2016 Holiday Catalog – before it opens to customers on September 1. We are excited to share some of our new goodies with you today! Today’s Blog Hop is filled with inspiring projects that feature each artist’s take on the Fall months – Halloween and Thanksgiving are just around the corner. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
My project today features two items from Stampin’ Up!’s 2016-2017 Annual Catalog and a must-have stamp set from Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Holiday Catalog. Let’s hear it for Totally Trees! Here’s my sweet and simple card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Totally Trees. History has shown that we love stamps sets with gorgeous images of tree. Lovely as a Tree. Sheltering Tree. Soon we will be welcoming Totally Trees into our hearts and homes. This is an amazingly versatile set with cute, modern trees that will look great throughout the year. I paired this sweet tree with a Cajun Craze pattern from Moroccan Designer Series Paper and a made-for-Christmas sentiment from Better Together stamp set. By NOT pairing it with “Merry Christmas,” the sentiment is perfect for Autumn. How many cute trees can you create with this collection of images?
- CASEing my work. I love that my projects are often shared on Pinterest. What a great honor! Some of my cards are shared 5 times, and many are shared 100 times. What fun! One card from earlier this year has been shared over 5,000 times. How crazy is that?! I reached back to that card and cased the simple layout, bold background and placement of the sentiment. I made some other changes (I changed the way the panel of cardstock borders the Designer Series Paper panel). Any way – here’s the card I created earlier this year that serves as the inspiration for this card: Do you see the similarities? Do you see what was changed?
- Color Combination for Fall. The colors on this card are gorgeous for the Fall weather – Cajun Craze and Early Espresso are so rich against Very Vanilla. A little touch of Crumb Cake on the ground under the tree keeps it warm and soft. Together, these colors are so warm and inviting, don’t you think? I don’t use Cajun Craze often, but when I do, it’s an important part of the project. If you also like this combination, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Totally Trees, Better Together Papers: Moroccan Designer Series Paper, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla Inks: Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake Accessories: Layering Circles Framelits, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Louise Sharp at Louise Sharp.com
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossom with Becky
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations