Yesterday, I shared detailed information about several current promotions and events:
- We looked at the the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.
- We reviewed the 25% off stamp sets – what a great list!
- You listened to my warnings that time is ticking if you want to participate in my Holiday One-for-One Swap
If you missed the post, you can see it here. I also gave you a sneak peek at today’s card yesterday. Many of you guessed – and guessed correctly – at what I used to make this card. After all, it’s one of the most popular stamp sets in Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Holiday Catalog. 🙂 Here’s the full card of the small snipped I shared yesterday:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Star of Light Bundle. You guessed it! I used images from the Star of Light stamp set to create the unique background on this card. Thank goodness for photopolymer stamps – because they are completely clear, I could easily line them up to create this pattern. I started with the largest starburst in the set and created a pattern with Island Indigo. After my panel was covered with the dark aqua, I stamped the smaller starburst with Mint Macaron. This was a fun pattern to create!
- Build-a-Sentiment. In order to complement the busy background, I needed to make sure my sentiment was created with a lot of white space. It’s just one of those things – the white space helps to balance the card. Anyway, I stamped the sweet sentiment from Hang Your Stocking in Island Indigo and then punched it out with my 2″ Circle punch. Just the right size! I created a thin border around the sentiment with a Layering Circles Framelits Die. Sweet. Simple. Easy.
- Non-Traditional Colors. Blues are great for the Holidays – soft blues, rich blues, dark blues. For today’s card, I used two colors I’d classify as aqua blues – Mint Macaron and Island Indigo. Not only do they look great together, but these colors are chameleons (they can sometimes look blue and can sometimes look green). It all depends on what colors they are paired with. Together, they look amazing. If you are jazzed by this color combination, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Star of Light, Hang your Stocking Papers: Mint Macaron, Island Indigo, Whisper White Inks: Island Indigo, Mint Macaron Accessories: 2″ Circle punch, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!