What fun! This week’s color challenge from the Paper Players couldn’t be more fun. Sandy Mathis chose the combination of black, white and one other color. Oooh! The options are endless. I chose Daffodil Delight as my “one other colors” and couldn’t be happier with the sunshiny outcome. I showcased several new products from the Occasions Catalog on this fun, bright card. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- New Products. I used three new items from the Occasions Catalog to create this daisy-bright congrats card. One is a stamp set, one is a die, and one is a Designer Series Paper. Can you name all three? I know you can, but you also know I’m going to tell you even if you don’t spend another minute guessing. Am I that predictable? Here are the three new items I showcased on this card:
- Stamp set: Sending Thoughts. You know I love sentiment sets – you can always build a great card around a sentiment, so I always keep them on-hand. There are some really great sentiments in the Sending Thoughts stamp set on page 44 of the Occasions Catalog. Check them out!
- Framelits Dies: Succulent Framelits Dies. I always think I have enough flower dies, but I keep buying new ones when they come out. I’m really glad I had these when I sat down to make this card. I know these dies are a part of a succulents set, but they sure do look like daisies. There are three of the same shape in different sizes. I layered the backdrop of Daffodil Delight cardstock with Whisper White daisies, gluing them down and then snipping around the sides of the panel.
- Designer Series Paper: Urban Underground Specialty. I love the colors and patterns in this pack of masculine papers. I absolutely love this page of sketchy zig-zags. Since the challenge doesn’t allow Very Vanilla, I sponged over the paper to brighten up the paper. I love the brightness the Daffodil Delight adds to the beautiful pattern.
- Customizing Designer Series Papers. Designer Series Papers offer great patterns and colors that make card-making easy. When I design cards (which is very often), I often start with a page of Designer Series Paper. While the pages don’t need to be manipulated, I like to customize papers to make them my own. That’s particularly easy with black-and-white papers. Sponging, stamping and careful cropping. Here’s a video I made last year that showcases fun ways to customize Designer Series Papers:
- Color Inspiration. This is a fun challenge – ANY color will work with black and white, but there’s something special about how this bright yellow plays with black and white. If you like the bright and cheery look of this card, give Basic Black, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White a try.
Stamp Sets: Sending Thoughts Papers: Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black, Daffodil Delight Accessories: Succulents Framelits Dies, Brights Enamel Shapes (Daffodil Delight), Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to The Paper Players site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
It’s Sale-a-Bration time! Between January 4 and March 31, you can earn exclusive Sale-a-Bration products with every $50 you spend on the products you already want. Does it get any better than that?!
To learn more about Sale-a-Bration and other ways you can win big during Sale-a-Bration, click here.