Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not just those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Guest Hopper – Natalie Lapakko
I’m also excited to welcome a guest to this month’s blog hop – a brand new Stampin’ Up! demonstrator (although she’s not a part of my group). Natalie has been consistently blogging her creations (Stamp Witch Blog) and playing along with online challenges for almost a year. She and I have become friends through this amazing craft, and I’m excited to include her in this month’s hop.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s January Blog Hop – our first hop of 2017! Today’s hop is filled with inspiring projects that feature each artist’s take “Love is in the Air”. This is the best time of year to start planning your Valentine’s Day projects. There are amazing, new products in Stampin’ Up!’s Occasions Catalog – and NOW is the best time to get them. We are excited to share our projects with you and hope they inspire you! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Falling in Love
For my “Love is in the Air” project, I chose a piece of Falling in Love Designer Series Paper that quite literally looks hearts are flying through the air. I love the graduated depth of these hearts and was excited to play with the paper. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Three Catalogs in One. This project showcases products from all three current catalogs – a stamp set from the Annual Catalog, a Designer Series Paper from the Occasions Catalog and a stamp set from Sale-a-Bration. Can you name them?
- Annual Catalog – Bloomin’ Love stamp set. The Bloomin’ Love stamp set was a big hit during Occasions last year and made it into the Annual Catalog. The “LOVE YOU” sentiment is simple and bold. While the stamp set coordinates perfectly with the gorgeous Bloomin’ Heart Thinlits Dies, it can work alone just as well.
- Occasions Catalog – Falling in Love Designer Series Paper. How beautiful is this background paper – just a panel of oblong hearts floating in the air. The Falling in Love Designer Series Paper is new in the Occasions Catalog – lots of soft and beautiful designs in this pack.
- Sale-a-Bration Brochure – So Very Much stamp set. I adore the over-sized “thank you” in this Sale-a-Bration set (free with a $50 purchase), but the smaller, coordinated sentiments can come in handy, too.
- Simple Sentiment Building. As described above, the two lines of sentiments on this card are pulled from two very different stamp sets. The fonts are the same, but they are similar enough to work wonderfully together. There are sentiments throughout our stamp sets that can be paired together – you just have to look for them. When you pair a printed sentiment with a scripted sentiment, you won’t ever have a problem – they style doesn’t have to be the same. It’s harder to pair a printed sentiment with a printed sentiment or a scripted sentiment with a scripted one.
- Soft and Sweet. I adore the classic combination of Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake and use it often. I normally pair the two colors with Whisper White – the white pops so boldly against the pink and brown. Since Falling in Love Features Very Vanilla, I paired the colors with Very Vanilla borders and sentiment bands. Such a beautifully soft difference. If you like this combination as much as I do, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Bloomin’ Love, So Very Much Papers: Falling in Love, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
- Natalie Lapakko at Stamp Witch Blog
- Lory Robinson at The Robin’s Nest Designs
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps