Welcome to the inaugural blog hop for the Be Inspired Design Team – a newly formed group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from all over the world who are excited to share our projects with you. If you aren’t starting the hop here, then you probably just arrived from Australia where you visited with my dear friend, Louise Sharp at louisesharp.com. What a talent!
Our first Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop features projects from Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-a-Bration brochure. There are 12 amazing, exclusive products – stamp sets, papers and accessories – you can earn with every $50 you spend during Sale-a-Bration. What fun! I chose to showcase the adorable Tasty Trucks photopolymer stamp set and created a Valentine’s Day candy bag with the sweet truck. The truck is filled with sweets that didn’t come with the stamp set. 🙂 Here’s my project:
- Tasty Truck. The Tasty Truck photopolymer stamp set is just one of the products you can earn with a $50 purchase during Sale-a-Bration. Not only does this super-fun set feature the cutest food truck ever, but there are tons of great sentiments and tiny food products in the set. Tacos, ice cream cones and cupcakes – they are all there. MY Tasty Truck delivers Valentine’s Day sweethearts candies with the help of a glassine gift bag. Rene, one of my customers said to me, “I’m not sure how I’ll use the Tasty Truck set, but I had to get it because the images are just so cute!” I agree. Get it now – figure out how you’ll use it later. 🙂
- A Light Shade with Watercolor Pencils. As a card maker, my designs are mostly clean and simple. While I am no stranger to layers and layers of cardstock on my projects, I don’t typically venture into the realm of watercoloring or other artistic mediums. That said, Stampin’ Up!’s new Watercolor Pencils are so easy to use. In seconds, I colored this food truck with my Watercolor Pencils. To create soft blues and yellows that appear as Pool Party and So Saffron, I lightly colored the truck with tiny circles of Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Delight and then blended them together with a Blender Pen. I love the selection of colors for the pencils. What fun!
- Build-a-Bag. The base of my project is a Glassine Gift Bag – these bags are great for gift-giving and perfect for candy-delivering. It’s fun to see the colors of the candy through the bag. Here’s how I built the fun panel that adorns the front of the glassine gift bag:
- I stamped the Tasty Truck on Thick Whisper White.
- I colored the image with Watercolor Pencils and blended the pencil markings with a Blender Pen.
- I snipped the outside of the truck and used an X-acto blade to cute the window out. I separately snipped the awning and tires.
- I stamped the same image (and sentiment) on the square of Pool Party grids from Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper and roughly snipped a hole for the window (it was OK to roughly cut on the outside of the window).
- I carefully cut a hole in one side of the glassine bag with my Paper Snips and added a panel of Window Sheets inside the bag, taping it on the outside of the bag.
- I attached the panel to the glassine bag with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I filled the bag with sweetheart treats, sat back and smiled. Phew! That was fun!
I’m so glad you stopped by and hope you like my sweet and tasty truck. I also hope you’ll continue the Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop to see more Sale-a-Bration projects. The next stop is my super-fun Canadian friend, Allison Okamitsu at Nice People Stamp. She’s created a gorgeous project with the So Very Much stamp set. Click on the banner below to continue through the hop:
Stamp Sets: Tasty Trucks Papers: Glassine Gift Bags, Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper, Thick Whisper White, Window Sheets Inks: Archival Basic Black, Watercolor pencils (Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Early Espresso) Accessories: Blender Pens, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I’m also sharing this project at this week’s Global Design Project. The challenge was to create a 3-D project, and this sweet candy bag fits the bill! 🙂