Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for March 2017! This month’s “Spring Has Sprung” hop features a wonderful variety of Spring-related projects. You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup at the base of this post will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Happy Easter with a Sweet Bunny
Earlier this week I shared some pictures from this past weekend’s super-fun get-together with some of my team members in Atlanta (you can see that post here) and shared the incredible swaps I received from my amazing group (you can see those here). Today, I’m sharing my swap card from our event – a fun, bold, Spring-filled bunny and a sweet, happy sentiment. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Stamp Sets. I used three stamp sets to make this fun card – can you name them? Of course you can – but you also know I’m about to tell you, so…
- Basket Bunch. The most notable image is the adorable bunny from Basket Bunch. I mean, really! How sweet is he? I placed him right over the “A” in “HAPPY” because he’s kinda’ shaped like an “A,” don’t you think? I suppose he could also be an “O” if you wanted that to say “HOPPY,” but I like the bunny as an “A.”
- Happy Celebrations. The bold, fun “HAPPY” and the Pear Pizzazz splash of watercolor both come from the Happy Celebrations stamp set – such a versatile set. I felt like the splash of green gave me a perfect patch of grass for the bunny to rest on.
- Suite Sentiments. You already know this is my MUST-HAVE from the Occasions Catalog, right? It pairs with all the suites, but each can be used on its own. Confession: since I was using this beautifully scripted “Easter” on so many swap card, I cut my clear-mount stamp in half so that “Easter” would be separated from the other words on the stamp image. If I ever want to combine them again, I have them both! 🙂
- Coloring the Bunny. While most of the bunny stayed white, I colored his bow-tie with a Watermelon Wonder Stampin’ Write Marker for a bold, bright pink. I added a little color to his ears by pulling a little ink from my Watermelon Wonder ink pad with a Blender Pen. The little pile of bunnies was adorable!
- White AND Vanilla. It’s not often that we get to pair Whisper White with Very Vanilla, so it was fun to put the two together here. The fun bunny pops against the soft-and-sweet Very Vanilla panel. I only glued down the center of the bunny to let his floppy ears pop a little off the page. What fun! The Very Vanilla panel didn’t clash with the Pear Pizzazz piece of Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper because the Whisper White dots are so petite.
When I make multiples of the same card, I like to take an “infinity shot” to show them all lined up together.
Stamp Sets: Basket Bunch, Happy Celebrations, Suite Sentiments Papers: Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper, Pear Pizzazz, Watermelon Wonder, Very Vanilla, Thick Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black, Watermelon Wonder, Pear Pizzazz, Watermelon Wonder Stampin’ Write Marker Accessories: Basket Builder Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
Do you like FREE stamps? Between January 4 and March 31, you can earn exclusive Sale-a-Bration products with every $50 you spend on the products you already want. AND when you buy Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit ($99 for $125 of your choice of product), you get TWO free stamp sets (also your choice). To learn more about Sale-a-Bration and other ways you can win big during Sale-a-Bration, click here.
New Sale-a-Bration Options. Did you see the new Sale-a-Bration items? Three new options were released yesterday. What fun! Please CLICK HERE to see those new items.