This week’s sweet-and-simple sketch for the Global Design Project send me straight for Moon Baby. I knew I wanted to make a card that’s as sweet as the sketch – and this adorable baby gave me just what I was looking for. I paired the umbrella-toting baby with beautiful patterns from Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper for the soft touch this baby deserves. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Moon Baby. Seriously – how adorable is this sweet baby? There’s a little bit of danger in having a baby float through the sky with an umbrella, but I’ve given him a sweet bed of soft flowers to land on with the Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper. All of the images in the new Moon Baby stamp set are sweet and adorable, but there’s something I love about the trio of bear, bunny and sheep. So cute! While the images are open for watercoloring, I chose to paper-piece the baby’s outfit and umbrella (again, with Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper).
- Shortening the Umbrella’s Shaft. The sweet baby in this image has a mean grip on the umbrella handle – I’m happy for that because he’d fall a lot faster without the air resistance created by that umbrella. The shaft of the umbrella in this image is really long and would extend outside of my oval. Here’s my solution to shorten the umbrella shaft:
- I placed a sticky note on Thick Whisper White cardstock and stamped the image, making sure the umbrella canopy was on the sticky note. I removed the sticky note.
- I cropped the image with an oval from the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies.
- I stamped the umbrella canopy on the Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper and snipped it out.
- I glued the cropped umbrella canopy onto the image – right where I wanted it to be.
- Non-Traditional Baby Colors. Bright purple and bright yellow aren’t “traditional” colors for a baby card, but I like them – especially when paired with Sweet Sugarplum. The purples were pulled from the Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper. I added three pops of Daffodil Delight to brighten up things a bit. Either way, I adore this combination of colors:
Stamp Sets: Moon Baby Papers: Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper, Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum, Daffodil Delight, Brights Designer Series Paper Stack (Daffodil Delight), Thick Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Paper is just one of the packs of Designer Series Paper featured in my Spring 2017 Product Shares. The colors and patterns are perfect for Spring projects. To learn more about my Spring 2017 Product Shares, please click here.