Most projects I share are inspired by or designed for a specific online challenge, so it’s nice to just make a card “from scratch” every once in a while. I’ve been itching to play with the Day at the Beach stamp set (I’ve only used it once before today), so I satisfied that itch when I made the fun card I’m sharing today. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Day at the Beach. Yesterday was the first day of Spring. Could you feel the warm weather that was ushered in yesterday? Me neither. 🙂 I adore the sketched images in Stampin’ Up!’s Day at the Beach – what a fun collection of beach-themed fun! I’ve only used this stamp set only once before to make this card (you can click on the card to read more about this project): Day at the Beach doesn’t have coordinating Framelits or punches, so it’s easy to pass over it without much attention, but this is a good set. Check out all the great images that are included:
- Masculine? Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper is a decidedly masculine pack of papers. Delightful Dijon, Basic Black, Basic Gray and Very Vanilla come together with bold patterns to make a gorgeous collection of pages. I love this zigzagged piece from the pack and gave it a more feminine appeal by adding it with Melon Mambo and these stylish glasses. Here’s a look at all of the patterns in Urban Underground:
- Chic Color Combo. Fair warning – you’ll be seeing this color combination again later this week. When I was creating over the weekend, I used a lot of Urban Underground, and I cut my way through a lot of Melon Mambo cardstock. Such a chic combination of colors! Don’t you agree? If you like the pairing of black, gray and bright pink, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Day at the Beach, Cool Treats Papers: Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper, Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla Inks: Melon Mambo, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
Do you like FREE stamps? Between January 4 and March 31, you can earn exclusive Sale-a-Bration products with every $50 you spend on the products you already want. AND when you buy Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit ($99 for $125 of your choice of product), you get TWO free stamp sets (also your choice). To learn more about Sale-a-Bration and other ways you can win big during Sale-a-Bration, click here.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Sale-a-Bration items have always been offered on a “while supplies last” basis. You waited…and that’s OK…but two of the Sale-a-Bration items are no longer available. 🙁
- The Card Tin SOLD OUT on March 7, 2017.
- The 6″ x 6″ Glimmer Paper Assortment Pack SOLD OUT on March 19, 2017.