The CASE the Designer challenges at Global Design Project are my favorites. We have selected a past project from a designer and then create a project that CASE’s (Copy and Share Everything) their work. Inspiration can be pulled from the layout, the colors, the theme, the images, the sentiments – must I go on? I’m happy to be CASE’ing my Australian bestie, Louise Sharp. Here’s my card that features the Basket Bunch bundle – just in time for Easter:
I was inspired by the layout of Louise’s card – what a sweet way to showcase this small barrow of flowers! I was also inspired by the small tag sentiment and her soft colors – particularly the soft blue backdrop.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper. Did you see that Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper has been added to the list of items we can earn with a purchase of $50 during Sale-a-Bration?! What great news! I love this Pool Party paper with the white grids. It’s so fresh and fun! While the grids run straight up and down on the paper, I cut into a panel of paper to force them to be at a diagonal – it’s a lot easier to center a panel of diagonal squares. 🙂 The pale blue adds a lovely backdrop for this fun Easter card. While I featured the Pool Party and Whisper White page, here’s a look at all the other pages of this paper and the colors represented in the pack of papers:
- Basket Bunch. If you are excited to make adorable, fun projects for Easter, then the Basket Bunch is for you! What an adorable mix of sweet bunnies, bitty chicks and beautiful flowers. There are peeps and chocolate bunnies and many, many eggs. These Basket Builder Framelits Dies are perfectly paired with the stamps, and there are some great Thinlits in there, too. The patch of grass has so many great uses, and the three eggs can be used for beautiful and sophisticated projects. This set is super-flexible for either cute or beautiful projects.
- Perfect Layering. The bundle of Framelits and Thinlits include a beautifully detailed basket base and three super-sweet eggs. There’s a Thinlit die and a Framelit die for each shape. So that the items would layer perfectly in the basket without appearing in the background of the other shapes, I cropped the Thinlits with colored cardstock and the Framelits with Whisper White. Because the outside shapes are exactly the same, it was really easy to glue the colored pieces on top of the white.
Stamp Sets: Basket Bunch Papers: Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper, Pool Party, Blushing Bride, Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake, Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Basket Builder Framelits Dies, Classic Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Do you like FREE stamps? Between January 4 and March 31, you can earn exclusive Sale-a-Bration products with every $50 you spend on the products you already want. AND when you buy Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit ($99 for $125 of your choice of product), you get TWO free stamp sets (also your choice). To learn more about Sale-a-Bration and other ways you can win big during Sale-a-Bration, click here.
GOOD NEWS. Did you see the new items added to this year’s Sale-a-Bration lineup? On Tuesday, Stampin’ Up! added some great items from our Occasions Catalog – earn them now through the end of Sale-a-Bration. To see more, click here.
NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Sale-a-Bration items have always been offered on a “while supplies last” basis. You waited…and that’s OK…but two of the Sale-a-Bration items are no longer available. 🙁
- The Card Tin SOLD OUT on March 7, 2017.
- The 6″ x 6″ Glimmer Paper Assortment Pack SOLD OUT on March 19, 2017.
- The Sparkle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder SOLD OUT on March 23, 2017.
- The Seaside Texture Impressions Embossing Folder SOLD OUT on March 23, 2017.