Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not just those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Today, I’m also excited to welcome my good friend, Wendy Cranford, to our team hop. I first met Wendy at Founder’s Circle years ago (a retreat Stampin’ Up! used to host for top North American demonstrators). She’s a talented stamper and a real sweet friend. We hung out even more in Hawaii – she and her family are adorable!
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s April Blog Hop! Today’s hop is filled with projects inspired by the Stampin’ Up!’s retiring 2015-2017 In Color Collection – our tributes to Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder. What fun! We’ve really enjoyed playing with these amazing colors over the past two years – and we are excited to share our creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Something Old, Something New
While I’ve been deeply in love with all of the 2015-2017 In Colors, today’s project focuses on two: Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder. I’m sad to see these go but am THRILLED with the new colors that are on their way in. I paired these colors with the Hardwood background stamp set (it’s been around for a while and continues into the new catalog) and Colorful Seasons (an incredibly gorgeous, new bundle in the 2017 Annual Catalog). Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Just Breathe. Panic always sets in when new colors come in and when old favorites are retired – despite the fact that we always have (at least) a two-year notice that they are going away. The sentiment on today’s card is perfect for addressing that panic, right? 🙂 While we’ve really grown accustomed to the beautiful collection of 2015-2017 In Colors, there’s no reason to be sad. Here are some ways you can address the retirement of these five colors:
- Keep them and continue to use them. Stock up on the papers, inks and accessories with your favorite colors. They don’t lose their potency – they just aren’t going to be in the 2017 Annual Catalog.
- Put them away. Embrace the new colors and learn to love them as much as you love these.
- Have faith. There’s always a chance these colors will make their way back into a future permanent collection of colors. Several of our current colors (in all categories) started as In Colors.
- Colorful Seasons. How gorgeous is this branch of flowers and the sweet, flowing sentiment!? The sentiment and flowers give you a sneak peek at a new stamp set from the 2017 Annual Catalog called Colorful Seasons – it’s sure the be a most-popular set. The branch and flowers are cropped with the Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies. My goodness, this is an amazing set of images and dies! There are amazing Thinlits Dies with leaves, snowflakes and a super-fun Adirondack beach chair. Here’s a look at the stamp set (photographed from the board at OnStage):
- Three Shades of Wonder. While it might look like there are several shades of pink in these flowers, they were all stamped with Watermelon Wonder. I simply inked up the stamps and stamped them three times on a sheet of Thick Very Vanilla cardstock (THAT’S RIGHT! I said Thick Whisper White!) without reinking the stamp. That gave me three shades of Watermelon Wonder that I could mix-and-match to create a soft, sweet collection of flowers.
Stamp Sets: Colorful Seasons, Hardwood Papers: Tip Top Taupe, Very Vanilla, Thick Very Vanilla Inks: Tip Top Taupe, Watermelon Wonder Accessories: Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Wendy Cranford at Luvin’ Stampin’
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lory Robinson at The Robins Nest Designs
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie