Yesterday, I shared the first of a handful of posts I’m sharing with Stampin’ Up!’s brand new Crafting Forever stamp set. I was thrilled to reveal projects I made with this stamp set at Stampin’ Up!’s OnStage event in Savannah, and I’m excited to share them with you, too. If you missed yesterday’s “Just a Note” project, you can see it here. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Housework Whenever. I just adore this sentiment that houses the namesake of this stamp set – “Crafting Forever! Housework Whenever.” How brilliant is that?! I split this sentiment between the background panel of the card and the Smoky Slate band of cardstock – note that the fun sentiment is on pale blue, while the not-fun sentiment is on gray. Intentional? Maybe. this stamp set is filled with little gems – I included the images of the stamp, twine and scissors in the background of the card as a fun reference.
- No DSP?!? If you want to see Brian King sweat a little bit, ask him to showcase some new product on stage and then refuse to give him some new Designer Series Paper to play with. I was encouraged to use only products that were carrying forward into the new catalog (none of the DSP), so I only had inks and cardstock to work with. What to do? I just created my own designs with cardstock. Not only did I create a pattern in the background by stamping the images in Pool Party ink on Pool Party cardstock, but I created a band of stripes across the card front with Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White.
- Crisp Color Combo. I love a challenge. How can I use Pumpkin Pie and keep is FAR AWAY from a Halloween card? Pool Party is not a Halloween shade, so I started there. Bright orange paired so well with pale blue. I added pale gray to tone down those shades a bit and love the combination. If you like this combination, too, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Crafting Forever Papers: Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Thick Whisper White Inks: Pool Party Accessories: Archival Basic Black, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I can’t wait for you to have this set – don’t you think it’s awesome?!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Retiring List. Stampin’ Up!’s retiring list was announced this past week – you can see all the items that will soon go away here:
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring List, I’m excited to share my very own promotion from now until the middle of May. When you spend at least $50 with me and add your order to the current Hostess Code (TF2V6MNU), I’ll happily send you:
- A printed copy of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog (I send them to all of my current customers) AND
- A Free Product from the Upcoming Annual Catalog. I’ll send you an incredible, new accessory from the upcoming catalog when it’s released in June. While I can’t yet tell you what it is, I’ll tell you it’s valued at $5, and you’ll love it!
If your order is over $150, I hope you’ll use all of the Host Rewards you’ve earned. Otherwise, I’d love for you to add your order to the current Hostess Code (TF2V6MNU).