I had so much fun playing with the Crafting Forever stamp set when preparing for my Stampin’ Up! OnStage presentation earlier this month. I’m thrilled to share them with you, too – I’m spreading them out over several posts to make sure I can say everything I want about each project. This Angel Policy stamp set is absolutely a must-have when the 2017 Annual Catalog is released on June 1.
If you missed the first two posts with this set, you can see them here:
The progression of my projects follow the path of an artist – it started with school supplies, made its way through snips, stamps and twine and lands on a bucket of brushes (with a knife and pencil). I loved this pot of brushes from the beginning and wanted to showcase it in a beautifully simple way. Here’s my card:
- Sweet-and-Simple Layout. While this beautiful pot of brushes is the headliner for this show, I gave the sentiment a starring role by positioning it on a Real Red oval and offsetting it in the bottom, right corner. This sentiment is wonderful – perfect for all customers or team members (we all should do something creative every day). There’s something I really like about this simple layout – the light stamping of Crumb Cake from the Touches of Texture is just a filler for all the “business” going on inside the focal square.
- A Second Project. This card was designed as a perfect card to send to a wonderful customer or excelling team member. What happens, though, when that customer or team member deserves something MORE than just a card – like, maybe, a gift? I created a tag to coordinate with this card: How sweet is that?! While it’s mostly the same layout and idea as the card, can you tell that the shape is a little lop-sided (it’s not a perfect rectangle)? I cropped the tag and coordinating layers with the Popcorn Thinlits Dies (cropping the ends to create one layer). I tied the tag with a couple layers of Linen Thread that pairs perfectly with the warm colors in the tag.
- Color Palette. I pulled the colors for this card – Crumb Cake, Real Red and Soft Suede from a two- or three-year-old Designer Series Paper from a past Holiday Catalog. I loved the richness of these three together. I stamped the brushes in Soft Suede and the background pattern in Crumb Cake – and , of course, the sentiment is displayed on a big, red oval. If you are inspired by this color combination, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Crafting Forever, Touches of Texture Papers: Real Red, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Whisper White Inks: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, White Craft Accessories: Popcorn Box Thinlits Dies, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Linen Thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I think you’ll agree that this sweet set is at the top of your list, right? There’s still one more post with this set – please come back tomorrow!
Thanks for stopping by today!
Retiring List. Stampin’ Up!’s retiring list was announced this past week – you can see all the items that will soon go away here:
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring List, I’m excited to share my very own promotion from now until the middle of May. When you spend at least $50 with me and add your order to the current Hostess Code (TF2V6MNU), I’ll happily send you:
- A printed copy of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog (I send them to all of my current customers) AND
- A Free Product from the Upcoming Annual Catalog. I’ll send you an incredible, new accessory from the upcoming catalog when it’s released in June. While I can’t yet tell you what it is, I’ll tell you it’s valued at $5, and you’ll love it!
If your order is over $150, I hope you’ll use all of the Host Rewards you’ve earned. Otherwise, I’d love for you to add your order to the current Hostess Code (TF2V6MNU).