There are so many attractive goodies in Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Annual Catalog – gorgeous designs, fresh colors and fun patterns. The Pick a Pattern Suite is filled to the brim with eye-popping colors, cute-as-can-be images and can’t-live-without-them products. My project today features two items I was able to order after OnStage earlier this month – the Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper and the Pieces & Patterns stamp set. Oh, my, these are SO ADORABLE! Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:This week’s Global Design Project challenge is the CASE (Copy and Share Everything) this adorable and sweet card by Michelle Last. I was inspired by the simple layout on Michelle’s card, her use of nature, the woodlands backdrop and the scallop-bordered sentiment. Such a great inspiration!
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Pieces & Patterns Meets Lovely Friends. I mean, really, how adorable are the images in the Pieces & Patterns stamp set? It’s such an eclectic group of images – not sure why a dinosaur, bear, pencil, flower, camera and mushroom go together except that they are all fun and cute as can be. The bear and dinosaur are painfully cute! I used the “WILD about You” sentiment from the stamp set: But I needed a little more to make the statement complete, so I flipped through all of my sentiments to see which one could turn the Pieces & Patterns sentiment into a complete thought. I found “I’m Honestly” in Lovely Friends that almost mirrors the “about you” in the first stamp. I isolated that to complete the thought. Perfect! The sentiments in Lovely Friends are HUGE (shown at 75% on the cover of the set):
- Scalloped Border. While Michelle created a cool frame around her focal image by cropping a square inside a scalloped square, I needed more of a rectangle. Here are the steps I took to convert my scalloped square to a scalloped rectangle:
- Eclectic Colors. I wouldn’t normally think to pair Flirty Flamingo and Crushed Curry – so why do they look so great together?! I don’t know, but they do! Look how adorable the patterns are in this paper: I pulled the colors for this card (including Sahara Sand as a neutral base for the two) straight from the paper. If you like this combination of colors, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Pieces & Patterns, Lovely Friends Papers: Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper, Sahara Sand, Basic Black Inks: Archival Basic Black, Stampin’ Write Markers (Sahara Sand, Flirty Flamingo) Accessories: Layering Squares Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Retiring List. Stampin’ Up!’s retiring list was announced this past week – you can see all the items that will soon go away here:
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring List, I’m excited to share my very own promotion from now until the middle of May. When you spend at least $50 with me and add your order to the current Hostess Code (TF2V6MNU), I’ll happily send you:
- A printed copy of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog (I send them to all of my current customers) AND
- A Free Product from the Upcoming Annual Catalog. I’ll send you an incredible, new accessory from the upcoming catalog when it’s released in June. While I can’t yet tell you what it is, I’ll tell you it’s valued at $5, and you’ll love it!
If your order is over $150, I hope you’ll use all of the Host Rewards you’ve earned. Otherwise, I’d love for you to add your order to the current Hostess Code (TF2V6MNU).