It’s time for another Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop – what fun! The Be Inspired Design Team is a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from all over the world who are excited to share our projects with you. I’m honored to be a part of this group of talented stampers.
The theme for today’s Be Inspired Hop is “My Favorite Season” – that’s an easy one for me. While some might have to give some thought to their favorite season, I did not. I immediately knew I’d be honoring the cool, crisp air and warm colors of Fall. There’s nothing quite like that time between hot weather and cold weather. Mmmm…I feel so cozy. If you aren’t starting the hop here, then you probably just popped over from a visit with my Aussie friend (and super-talent) Louise Sharp at louisesharp.com. She never disappoints!
My card features a new stamp set called Wood Words. This set will be available in Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Annual Catalog – it pairs with an amazing set of Framelits that create a wood crate. I’m focusing on the stamps on today’s card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Wood Words. Wood Words is the perfect marriage between “clean” and “vintage”. While the images (heart, star, moon, circle and rooster) are all solid outlines of the shapes, they have a cool textured design that really adds an extra “wow!” to your project. While this bushel of flowers doesn’t (at first) seem to fit in, it works wonderfully with these images and sentiments. I had a lot of fun with this set! When you see the dies, papers and accessories that are part of this Wood Textures Suite, I’m confident it will “zoooom” right to the top of your wish list! Here’s a peek at the stamp set:
- Added Texture. As I mentioned above, I love the textures behind the shapes in this set – gives them an imperfect perfection. With just a portion of the circle and the rooster, I wanted to add a little more texture to this card. I inked up the bushel of flowers, stamped them off once and stamped them right where I wanted my Crushed Curry band to be. I repeated that for the bottom of the band. The soft addition of these flowers adds more texture than flowers. I also used the flowers on the front of the envelope for a hint at what the recipient will find inside:
- Fall Colors. While I started with Cherry Cobbler when creating this warm, Fall-toned card, it’s the warm browns and yellow that really stand out here. I always adore the neutral-based combination of Early Espresso and Crumb Cake – the addition of Crushed Curry gives this combo a bright pop of color. The addition of Very Vanilla keeps these colors warm. If you like this combination of color, too, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Wood Words Papers: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Thick Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Crushed Curry Accessories: Wood Crate Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I’m so glad you stopped by and hope you like my fun card. I also hope you’ll continue the Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop to see more projects that I’m sure you’ll love. The next stop is my always-amazing Canadian friend, Allison Okamitsu at Nice People Stamp. Click on the banner below to continue through the hop:
Thanks for stopping by today!
In case you get off-track at any point during the hop, here’s a listing of all the participants in this hop:
- Louise Sharp
- Brian King
- Allison Okamitsu
- Kylie Bertucci
- Katy Harrison
- Maike Ulbrich
- Carolynn Sander
- Kimberly Van Diepen
- Nadine Hößrich
- Sarah Berry
Retiring List. Stampin’ Up!’s retiring list was announced this past week – you can see all the items that will soon go away here:
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring List, I’m excited to share my very own promotion from now until the middle of May. When you spend at least $50 with me and add your order to the current Hostess Code (TF2V6MNU), I’ll happily send you:
- A printed copy of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog (I send them to all of my current customers) AND
- A Free Product from the Upcoming Annual Catalog. I’ll send you an incredible, new accessory from the upcoming catalog when it’s released in June. While I can’t yet tell you what it is, I’ll tell you it’s valued at $5, and you’ll love it!
If your order is over $150, I hope you’ll use all of the Host Rewards you’ve earned. Otherwise, I’d love for you to add your order to the current Hostess Code (TF2V6MNU).
Stampin’ Up! has loaded lots of new goodies into the Clearance Rack – most of the new items are accessories from the Holiday Catalog and most of them are deeply discounted! It’s worth a look-see – you might really need some of these products. 🙂 To review the Clearance Rack – click here.