The CAS(E) This Sketch Design Team generates some wonderfully simple sketches that are a perfect starting point for so many of my projects. This week’s sketch is perfectly simple – which is perfect for me. I’m happiest when I can crank out a sweet, simple card that looks amazing. I was even happier to have the Pieces & Patterns stamp set and Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper (from Stampin’ Up!’s upcoming Annual Catalog) to help me along this journey – so excited about these new products! Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Pieces & Patterns. I showcased this set and paper early last week – and today’s card is NOTHING like that one. Why? This paper and stamp set are designed with an eclectic group of images and sentiments. There are dinosaurs, bears, flowers, cameras, pencils…but they all work together beautifully! Here’s the card I shared last week (you can click on the picture to read the write-up for this card: See – it’s nothing like today’s (except that it showcases the paper and a sentiment). I just love the diversity this suite offers. Here’s a peek at the stamp set: And here’s a peek at the amazing papers featured in the suite:
- A Coordinated Envelope. Stampin’ Up!’s Medium Envelopes are the best! I know that some people buy their envelopes online or in big box office supplies stores. Sure, those are cheaper – BUT nothing compares to the smooth finish of our awesome envelopes. To add a little touch of pizzazz to the envelope that accompanies this card, I stamped the large flower from the stamp set three times in the front, left corner of the Whisper White Medium Envelope. The large flowers in the stamp set are the spittin’ image of the smaller flowers on the paper inside – I colored the center with a Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Write Marker (even though the flowers on the paper are colored with Emerald Envy, the touch of pink on the envelope front is sweet and uplifting).
- Like, Totally Preppy! There’s just something really cool about the combination of pink and green. It reminds me of a time when we’d have green shorts with white alligators and pink Izod shirts (with popped collars). Does that preppy time ring a bell? I love the richness of Emerald Envy with the softness of Flirty Flamingo – such a great combination I lifted straight out of this wonderful pack of paper. If you like it, too, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Pieces & Patterns Papers: Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper, Emerald Envy, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black, Stampin’ Write Markers (Flirty Flamingo) Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, Layering Circles Framelits, 2″ Circle punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring List, I’m excited to share my very own promotion from now until the middle of May. When you spend at least $50 with me and add your order to the current Hostess Code (TF2V6MNU), I’ll happily send you:
- A printed copy of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog (I send them to all of my current customers) AND
- A Free Product from the Upcoming Annual Catalog. I’ll send you an incredible, new accessory from the upcoming catalog when it’s released in June. While I can’t yet tell you what it is, I’ll tell you it’s valued at $5, and you’ll love it!
If your order is over $150, I hope you’ll use all of the Host Rewards you’ve earned. Otherwise, I’d love for you to add your order to the current Hostess Code (TF2V6MNU).
STARTING TOMORROW! While Stampin’ Up! demonstrators start ordering select items from the 2017 Annual Catalog this week (what fun!), customers can begin to order items from the Eastern Palace Suite starting tomorrow! There are two bundles to choose – and they are both AMAZING. I can’t see who you’d pass up the Ultimate Bundle with the Eastern Medallion Dies – they are incredible! To read more about this suite, CLICK HERE.