It’s time for another Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop – what fun! The Be Inspired Design Team is a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from all over the world who are excited to share our projects with you. I’m honored to be a part of this group of talented stampers.
The theme for today’s Be Inspired Hop is “My Favorite Color” – that’s a hard one. While I knew I’d land on one of the amazing blues in Stampin’ Up!’s color families, I wasn’t sure which – but this made me make a choice. It’s like being asked which is your favorite Golden Girl. You love how bold and straight-forward Dorothy’s is, but Rose has such a good heart – and Blanche lives her life boldly and honestly, but then Sophia is afraid of no one. How do you choose without hurting the feelings of the others? This is the choice we have to make… If you aren’t starting the hop here, then you probably just popped over from a visit with my Aussie friend (and super-talent) Louise Sharp at louisesharp.com. I’m always blown away by what she makes, so you don’t want to miss it!
I could have gone with almost any shade of blue (Night of Navy, Island Indigo, Pool Party and Soft Sky were all near the top of my list), but I landed on Dapper Denim. I love this shade of blue! I used two sheets from the Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack to make this Dapper Denim beauty:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Super Duper. Super Duper is a “sleeper stamp” from the 2017 Occasions Catalog. I noticed that sales for this set to my customers picked up toward the end of the Occasions Catalog period. I think people picked up the bundles they wanted and then picked up this sweet set. Since it’s carrying over, you’re sure to see lots more great projects with this set. I stamped this fun sentiment with Dapper Denim ink on Thick Whisper White and carefully snipped it out. It’s a simple accent for this oh-so-blue card. Here’s a closeup of this fun sentiment: And here’s a closer look at this stamp set (it’s available right now!):
- Color Theory. The Color Theory Designer Series Paper used on this project is brand new! It will be available to customers starting June 1 – I can’t wait for you to get your hands on this paper. So fun! This pack features six designs (the pages front-and-back) in four colors – Berry Burst, Old Olive, Crushed Curry and Dapper Denim. The designs include page that looks like a paint chip (so fun!), some pages of color gradients and some with a crackle appearance. This is a wonderful set of papers.
- Layering the Pieces. Unless you study the card above carefully, you might miss the fact that I lined up the paint chip piece with the color gradients on the page below. I had to cut into the paper just a little bit to get to the heart of the pages, but I love how it turned out. The while borders make the pieces really pop. There are lots of opportunities to showcase this wonderful pack of papers.
Stamp Sets: Super Duper Papers: Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack, Dapper Denim, Thick Whisper White Inks: Dapper Denim Accessories: Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I’m so glad you stopped by and hope you like my fun card. I also hope you’ll continue the Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop to see more projects that I’m sure you’ll love. The next stop is my always-amazing Canadian friend, Allison Okamitsu at Nice People Stamp. Click on the banner below to continue through the hop:
Thanks for stopping by today!
In case you get off-track at any point during the hop, here’s a listing of all the participants in this hop:
- Louise Sharp
- Brian King
- Allison Okamitsu
- Kylie Bertucci
- Katy Harrison
- Maike Ulbrich
- Carolynn Sander
- Kimberly Van Diepen
- Sarah Berry
Brian’s Bulletin. I had a wonderful response to this weekend’s request that you sign up for my newsletter. Thanks! I’m putting some finishing touches on the first edition of Brian’s Bulletin, and I don’t want you to miss out! If you didn’t sign up yesterday, please sign up today!
Retiring List. Stampin’ Up!’s retiring list was announced last month – you can see all the items that will soon go away here:
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring List, I’m excited to share my very own promotion from now until the middle of May. When you spend at least $50 with me and add your order to the current Hostess Code (4E72JEAJ), I’ll happily send you:
- A printed copy of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog (I send them to all of my current customers) AND
- A Free Product from the Upcoming Annual Catalog. I’ll send you an incredible, new accessory from the upcoming catalog when it’s released in June. While I can’t yet tell you what it is, I’ll tell you it’s valued at $5, and you’ll love it!
If your order is over $150, I hope you’ll use all of the Host Rewards you’ve earned. Otherwise, I’d love for you to add your order to the current Hostess Code (4E72JEAJ).
IT’S HERE! IT’S HERE! Stampin’ Up! is giving some great products an early release! Customers can now order select items from the Eastern Palace Suite NOW! There are two bundles being offered – and they are both AMAZING. I can’t see why you’d pass up the Premier Bundle with the Eastern Medallion Dies – they are incredible! To read more about this suite, CLICK HERE.