Do you like big, bold sentiments? Of course you do! They are the perfect addition to a soft, beautiful patterned paper or a quick-and-easy way to turn a piece of cardstock into a wonderful card. For today’s project (a FabFriday color challenge), I heat embossed a beautiful, large sentiment from the Lovely Friend stamp set (available in Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Annual Catalog) over top of three strips of cardstock. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Lovely Friends. The inside of this card says “…and you are one of the best.” Love it! I adore sets that give me a matching sentiment for the inside of the card. The super-stars of this card are “Good friends are hard to find” and “You make me ridiculously happy.” Both are uplifting, fun sentiment with so many ways to complete each on the inside of the card. Here’s a peek at the Lovely Friend stamp set:
- Lovely Laurel Framelits Dies. As if this stamp set weren’t already enough, the set is paired with a set of Framelits at a bundled at a 10% savings. Yay! Here’s a look at the Framelits (a mix of Thinlits and Framelits Dies):
What is all that?! The Framelits are a little different from anything we’ve seen before – and they are really cool. The laurel can be used to create a pop-up wreath like the one below (the sentiment pops up when the card is opened):
- Please Don’t Zoom In! Have you ever looked in one of those makeup mirrors that zooms right in on every pore on your face? It’s frightening. Everything looks fine and dandy until you zoom in. I was in a rush when I made this card and didn’t properly remove static with my Embossing Buddy. As a result, I spend a lot of extra time brushing off stray embossing powder flecks with a fine-tip brush. They were all over, and I (stubbornly) didn’t want to restart. I know! I should have prepared it all upfront – but I didn’t. So, please don’t zoom in on this card, and you might not notice all the strays. 🙂
Stamp Sets: Lovely Friends Papers: Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Rich Razzleberry, Dapper Denim Inks: Whisper White Craft Accessories: White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool
I hope you’ll pop over to the Fab Friday site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Brian’s Bulletin. I had a wonderful response to this weekend’s request that you sign up for my newsletter. Thanks! I’m putting some finishing touches on the first edition of Brian’s Bulletin, and I don’t want you to miss out! If you didn’t sign up yesterday, please sign up today!
Retiring List. Stampin’ Up!’s retiring list was announced last month – you can see all the items that will soon go away here:
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring List, I’m excited to share my very own promotion from now until the middle of May. When you spend at least $50 with me and add your order to the current Hostess Code (4E72JEAJ), I’ll happily send you:
- A printed copy of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog (I send them to all of my current customers) AND
- A Free Product from the Upcoming Annual Catalog. I’ll send you an incredible, new accessory from the upcoming catalog when it’s released in June. While I can’t yet tell you what it is, I’ll tell you it’s valued at $5, and you’ll love it!
If your order is over $150, I hope you’ll use all of the Host Rewards you’ve earned. Otherwise, I’d love for you to add your order to the current Hostess Code (4E72JEAJ).
IT’S HERE! IT’S HERE! Stampin’ Up! is giving some great products an early release! Customers can now order select items from the Eastern Palace Suite NOW! There are two bundles being offered – and they are both AMAZING. I can’t see why you’d pass up the Premier Bundle with the Eastern Medallion Dies – they are incredible! To read more about this suite, CLICK HERE.