There are a lot of “LOVELY” products in Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Annual Catalog. Literally. While Lovely as a Tree stands the test of time (it’s the longest running stamp set), there are lots of new, lovely products that are worth taking a look at:
- Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper, #144110, page 87
- Whole Lot of Lovely Cardstock Pack, #144112, page 87
- Lovely Inside & Out Stamp Set, #144008 (wood), #144011 (clear mount), page 157
- Lovely Words Thinlits Dies, #143733, page 214
- Lovely Inside & Out Bundle, #145323 (wood), #145324 (clear mount), page 157
- Lovely Friends Stamp Set, #143763 (photopolymer), page 173
- Lovely Laurel Thinlits Dies, #143731, page 214
- Lovely Friends Bundle, #145319, page173
For today’s card, I’ve made a fun, retro design with the Lovely Inside & Out stamp set, featuring the colors from Claire Broadwater’s Paper Players Color Challenge. Claire’s colors gave me just what I needed for this fun card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Lovely Inside & Out. I love a stamp set that’s super-flexible for all kinds of projects. I adore the sentiments in this set and had a lot of fun with this fun shape to create a super-fun background. The bold sentiment only adds to the appeal of this card. Here’s a peek at this new stamp set: I used the same stamp set (along with the coordinating dies and some gorgeous Designer Series Paper) to make this card – look how different this looks from the card I shared today (you can click on the picture to see my post for this card):
- The Unsung Hero. While I could have mapped this card out to stamp all my Tempting Turquoise spots at once, followed by all the Pear Pizzazz spots and so forth, I knew that would be a lot of work – and I just wanted a beautiful card. In order to balance the colors and space the spots exactly like I wanted, I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to line them all up and stamped one color at a time. The unsung hero of this project is my Stampin’ Scrub. I kept my Stampin’ Scrub on hand and used it a lot during the construction of this background panel. 🙂 After I started to build the background, I was able to stamp two or three of the same color in different areas of the card panel, but I was mostly stamping once and moving on. If you only use baby wipes (which I use for my photopolymer stamps), you should consider grabbing you a Stampin’ Scrub and Stampin’ Mist. You’ll have clean stamps and a fresh-smelling craft space.
- Big, Bold Love. You know how much I love combining fonts on sentiments. I love both of the fonts used in this stamp set and love them even more when they are combined. There’s something so appealing about the texture and height of these big words, and there’s something so smooth and squatty (can I say that?) about the smaller, coordinating sentiments. Together, they are a dynamic duo.
Stamp Sets: Lovely Inside & Out Papers: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Whisper White Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Pear Pizzazz Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Paper Players site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Retiring List. Stampin’ Up!’s retiring list was announced last month – you can see all the items that will soon go away here:
NOW AVAILABLE! Stampin’ Up! is giving some great products an early release! Until May 31, customers can now order select items from the Eastern Palace Suite! There are two bundles being offered – and they are both AMAZING. I can’t see why you’d pass up the Premier Bundle with the Eastern Medallion Dies – they are incredible! To read more about this suite, CLICK HERE.