Thank you so much to Deanne K. and the Paper Players team for selecting my card from last week’s challenge as A Cut Above. If you missed my colorful card with Lovely Inside & Out, you can see it here. I love playing with these challenges, but it’s always nice to be recognized. Thanks!
My friend Nance Leady is hosting a Clean-and-Simple challenge at the Paper Players this week with a Butterflies theme. How fun! I went right to work on a project that showcases a mix of new and been-around products, and I’m thrilled with the outcome. “Clean” is my thing (I love clean, tailored looks) – but I sometimes lose track of the “Simple” part by creating too many layers or adding complex stamping patterns. I kept this card “clean” and “simple.” Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for Nance’s challenge that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack. If I had to pick a favorite pack of Designer Series Paper from Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Annual Catalog, it might be the Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack. I have to withhold my answer until I can play with all of the papers (and believe me, I will play with all of the papers once they are orderable). All of the new papers will be available to customers starting June 1 – I can’t wait for you to get your hands on this paper. So fun! This pack features six designs (the pages front-and-back) in four colors – Berry Burst (one of this year’s new In Colors), Old Olive, Crushed Curry and Dapper Denim. The designs include pages that looks like a paint chip (how cool!), some pages of color gradients and some with a crackle appearance. This is a wonderful set of papers – go ahead and add them to your list. I’m happy to help! 🙂 I cropped the butterfly with the lighter shades of Berry Burst and mounted it on a solid piece of Berry Burst and framed it with a page of the Berry Burst crackles. It’s a lot of Berry Burst, but it all works together well.
- Sunshine Sayings Bundle. I’m 100% head-over-heals in love with the words, fonts and images in the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits dies – if you have skipped past page 194 over and over in the Annual Catalog, then you may not have experienced their awesomeness. While the dies pair perfectly with the Sunshine Sayings stamp set (I bought them as a bundle), they pair with other sets, too, or are perfectly showcased alone. This bundle has a limited life, though. While both the Sunshine Sayings stamp set and Sunshine Wishes Thinlits, the 10%-off-bundled-savings when you buy both goes away May 31. If you don’t have this bundle, you may want to reconsider.
- Layers. I was able to keep my card SO simple that I don’t really have much else to say about it – the Designer Series Paper and dies made this super-easy. No stamps, no ink – definitely not a norm for me. Because I’m out of things to say, I figured I would share the measurements I used for this card layout (starting from the base and working my way up):
- Berry Burst – 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Thick Whisper White – 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack – 4-7/8″ x 3-5/8″
- Thick Whisper White – 3-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
- Berry Burst – 3-5/8″ x 2-5/8″
- Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack cropped with Bold Butterfly Framelits Die
- Thick Whisper White cropped with Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Die
Papers: Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack, Berry Burst, Thick Whisper White Accessories: Bold Butterfly Framelits Dies, Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Paper Players site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Retiring List. Stampin’ Up!’s retiring list was announced last month – you can see all the items that will soon go away here:
NOW AVAILABLE! Stampin’ Up! is giving some great products an early release! Until May 31, customers can now order select items from the Eastern Palace Suite! There are two bundles being offered – and they are both AMAZING. I can’t see why you’d pass up the Premier Bundle with the Eastern Medallion Dies – they are incredible! To read more about this suite, CLICK HERE.