Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not just those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
For today’s blog hop, I’m excited to include my dear friend, Louise Sharp. Louise is a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Australia and currently a Stampin’ Up! Artisan. She and I first met at my first Stampin’ Up!’s Convention in Salt Lake City – we’ve been trouble-making, fun-having friends since. 🙂
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s June 2017 Blog Hop! Today’s Blog Hop is filled with projects inspired by Stampin’ Up!’s 2017-2019 In Colors – Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Lemon Lime Twist, Powder Pink and Tranquil Tide. What an amazing collection of new colors! We are excited to share our creations with these new colors. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Hooray for Tranquil Tide, Lemon Lime Twist and Fresh Fig!
My project for the hop features three of the new In Colors – Tranquil Tide, Lemon Lime Twist and Fresh Fig. What a fun combination – each colors is toned down a little bit on this project, and I’m excited to share how. Here’s my card:
- One-Inch Strips. Each of the three In Colors on this card are featured in one-inch strips, positioned diagonally across the top panel of the card. I really the look of a diagonal stripe across the front of the card (and I showcase it often). I glued down the strips to the Whisper White base and then trimmed the edges with my retired Stampin’ Up! guillotine cutter. That gave me a good, clean cut. To make things a little easier for me, I initially cut my Whisper White base about 1/2″ wider than I needed so that I could easily trim both sides to get to the width I wanted.
- Pick a Pattern Washi Tape. The In Colors showcased above are a bit more muted than you might expect. You noted that already, right? That’s because the 1″ strips of cardstock are covered with the Whisper White and Basic Black 1″ strip of Pick a Pattern Washi Tape. What a cool effect, huh? I simply applied the strip of washi tape to the paper before gluing it to the card base. The colors is still there – it’s just peeking out from behind a trendy and fun washi tape. Here’s a look at that black-and-white patterns in this fun set of washi tapes:
- A Combination of New In Colors. These three new colors play well together. Lemon Lime Twist brings out the green in Tranquil Tide, and green always looks good with purple, right? That’s why I paired Lemon Lime Twist between the other two colors. I originally created my card with a Lemon Lime Twist base, but I changed to Crumb Cake because I really wanted to the two shads of Lemon Lime Twist to be the same. If you like this color combination, please save this:
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Shawn deOliveira at ShawnStamps. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Louise Sharp at LouiseSharp.com
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Rachael Shedeed at Blue Bonnet Stampin’
Stamp Sets: Confetti Celebration Papers: Crumb Cake, Tranquil tide, Lemon Lime Twist, Fresh Fig, Thick Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Pick a Pattern Washi Tape, 2″ Circle punch, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals