Today’s a BIG DAY! 100 weeks ago, a handful of stampers from across the world started up a little online card challenge with just a hope that it would take off. Did it ever!? When we started the Global Design Project, none of us thought ahead to our 100th challenge. To celebrate our 100th challenge, we are kicking off a super-fun CASE The Designer Challenge – and you get to pick which designer you want to CASE. Here’s my card for this week’s challenge:
We’re doing things a little different this week – each designer will pick a winner from the participants who CASEd their card. Each winner will receive the card that was created by the designer. What fun! To sweeten the pot a little more, the overall winner will receive a small bundle of Stampin’ Up! products from us. Won’t you play along this week? 🙂
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Celebration Time Bundle. I made this card with my local stamp club last week. I was excited to share this new bundle with them. Although Celebration Time was introduced in the 2017 Annual Catalog, the set gets lost a bit with all the other over-the-top sets. It’s worth another look-see, though! Here’s a closer look at this bundle:
The background is created with another sometimes-overlooked stamp set – Marbled background stamp set. How beautiful and soft is it stamped in Powder Pink of Whisper White? Here’s a look at the set:
- Build a Cake. Want a step-by-step walkthrough of how I built this cake? It’s really simple and fun – but I like to share – so here you go:
- I cropped the cake with Gold Foil and the Celebration Thinlits Dies.
- I stamped the cake with Flirty Flamingo ink on Powder Pink Paper.
- I cropped the cake with the Celebration Thinlits Dies.
- I snipped the bow and cake stand off the Powder Pink cutout.
- I carefully glued the Powder Pink cake to the gold foil cutout.
- I added a gold Metallic Enamel Shape circle to the base of the bow.
- Sweet Color Combination. I don’t use a lot of pink, but I wanted this card to be special. The soft pink and bolder pink work so well with the soft neutrals (Very Vanilla and Sahara Sand). What a gorgeous combination! If you like this mix, too, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Celebration Time, Marbled Papers: Sahara Sand, Powder Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Gold Foil, Very Vanilla Inks: Powder Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Celebration Thinlits Dies, Metallic Enamel Shapes, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
BIG NEWS! Registration for World Card Making Day 2017 is officially OPEN! If you’d like more information or want to register (it’s such a wonderful event!), then please CLICK HERE.