As if you didn’t already know, I’m totally in love with Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Holiday Catalog. I am counting down the days until this catalog is released on September 1. Today’s super-sweet treat bag features three new products from this new catalog. They aren’t all part of the same suite in the catalog, but I absolutely love them together. Here’s my oh-so-adorable Halloween treat bag:
How sweet is that? Perfect for a candy bar or a handful of treats. I cropped this bag with the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies and decorated it with some fun, new products from the Holiday Catalog.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Three Newbies. This project features three new products from the upcoming Holiday Catalog. Here’s a look at all three:
- Seasonal Chums Bundle. If you are a fan of the A Little Wild Bundle (the little elephant, lion and bear tags in the Annual Catalog), then you’ll be thrilled with the new Seasonal Chums Bundle. A snowman, a jack-o-lantern and a reindeer – so cute! And lots of great little sentiments. Here’s a look at this super-fun bundle:
- Tags & Trimmings. My eyeballs about popped out of my head when I first saw this stamp set on Stampin’ Up!’s incentive trip in July. I LOVE these sentiments and the beautiful, modern fonts. My little treat bag certainly isn’t a Christmas bag, but this sentiment works well here. Here’s a look at this amazing stamp set:
- Spooky Night Designer Series Paper. There are some fun and spooky images on the Spooky Night Designer Series Paper. I chose this fun pattern of Halloween greetings for the base of my fun bag – it’s such a fun pattern for kids of all ages. Here’s a look at this spooky, new paper:
- Watercolored Pumpkin. I was determined to use this set as the tag it’s designed to be. I love the concept of the tags. After I stamped the pumpkin images, cropped them and carefully watercolored them, I decided the backside of the tag was too sweet to not showcase. As such, I separated the two and used them for two project – one today and one tomorrow. 🙂 I stamped the image with Archival Basic Black ink on Thick Whisper White and let it dry. I then colored the images with ink and an Aqua Painter.
- Touch of Gray. This page of Spooky Night Designer Series Paper features Pumpkin Pie and Very Vanilla (although it’s not listed, I’m convinced that the words on the page used for this bag are in a mix of Very Vanilla and Whisper White). The opposite side that peeks out of the top of the bag also showcases Basic Black and Cajun Craze. What a great combination! Since I watercolored my jack-o-lantern’s eyeholes, nosehole and mouthhole in Smoky Slate, I added a thin layer of Smoky Slate to the borders. That little addition makes all the difference to pull in the gray from the sweet image.
Stamp Sets: Seasonal Chums, Tags & Trimmings Papers: Spooky Night Designer Series Paper, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Balck, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Old Olive Accessories: Mini Treat Bag Thinlits, Tear & Tape, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Tomorrow! I hope you’ll come back tomorrow to see my second project with this stamp set (the other side of the pumpkin). It’s very different from today’s project.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin’ Up! has restocked the Clearance Rack with lots of new items – all marked way down! These are “while supplies last” deals, so you’ll want to get your order in soon. 🙂 Click below to see what’s left – you won’t be disappointed.