It’s time for another Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop – what fun! The Be Inspired Design Team is a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from all over the world who are excited to share our themed projects with you. I’m so honored to be a part of this group of talented stampers! If you aren’t starting the hop here, then you probably just popped over from a visit with my adorable and talented Aussie friend Louise Sharp at louisesharp.com. How much do you love her work?!
The theme for today’s Be Inspired Hop is “Birthdays.” Not only is this a fun theme, but it happens to fall on the 50th birthday of a super-talented, super-kind, wonderfully dear friend of mine. I won’t name this friend, but I will give you some hints – she lives in Austin, she understands blue, she LOVES cats and she looks like this:
Before you look at this card, PLEASE UNDERSTAND that this is a cheeky (impudent or irreverent, typically in an endearing or amusing way) card for a person I love very much – it’s not a statement about how I feel about aging or people who are 50. 🙂
Here’s my birthday card for my unnamed friend:
- Sorry, Not Sorry. I know, I know. This Sorry About Everything stamp set is designed for lots of occasions and expressions of sorry – but I’m pretty sure it’s not intended for birthdays. That doesn’t mean it CAN’T be used for birthdays, though. 🙂 Because my friend and I have a very close, humor-filled relationship, I am comfortable sending her this card. Here’s how I made it:
- I cropped a panel of the Pear Pizzazz paper and a panel of Soft Sky paper (same size for each).
- I positioned the sentiments on my Misti stamp positioning tool and stamped them in the same place on each layer.
- I stacked the two panels on top of each other and ran through the Big Shot with the “5” and “0” from the Large Numbers Framelits dies.
- I pieced in the “5” and the “0” from the blue paper into the green. Because they were stamped with the Misti, they were perfectly aligned here.
- Coffee Break Designer Series Paper. You wouldn’t know this if you weren’t already a fan of the paper, but both the Soft Sky and Pear Pizzazz papers used in this card are from the Coffee Break Designer Series Paper. I love how Stampin’ Up!’s papers include both themed pages and pages with coordinated patterns that don’t follow the theme. That makes them even more flexible and fun to play with. Here’s a look at this gorgeous pack of Designer Series Paper: If you’d like to see some additional color combinations with this pack of paper, CLICK HERE.
- New Product Alert. If you don’t pay attention to the Halloween section of the Holiday Catalog, you might miss this new accessory that needs to be on your Must-Have List. With the release of Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Holiday Catalog, we are introduced to Black Rhinestone Jewels. I added three of these rhinestones to accent my oversized sentiment.
Stamp Sets: So Very Sorry Papers: Coffee Break Designer Series paper, Basic Black Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Large Numbers Framelits Dies, Black Rhinestone Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Do you have a friend who would love to receive this card from you? I’m so glad you stopped by and hope you like my project. Please continue the Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop to see more projects that I’m sure you’ll love. The next stop is my friend, Janneke de Jong at Happy Stampin’. Click on the banner below to continue through the hop:
In case you get off-track at any point during the hop, here’s a listing of all the participants in this hop:
- Louise Sharp
- Brian King
- Janneke de Jong
- Katy Harrison
- Tanja Kolar
- Carolynn Sander
- Maike Beimler
- Nadine Hößrich
- Sarah Berry