Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
I am excited to welcome Lydia Fiedler to today’s blog hop – what an honor that she agreed to join us! My team and I are ecstatic! If you are active on Splitcoast Stampers or love to look at cats on Facebook, then you may already be familiar with Lydia’s brilliance. Lydia wows me all the time with her projects on her Understand Blue blog. So glad to have Lydia join us for this hop!Welcome to InKing Royalty’s September Blog Hop! Today’s Tricked Out Treats Blog Hop is filled with spooky, fun projects for Halloween. We are excited to share our creations with you today and hope these projects inspire you. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Creep it Real
Halloween is a funny time. I love playing with spooky, creepy and dark images – maybe because my sense of humor can also be dark and sinister. At the same time, I’m a bit silly and fun-loving so cute, sweet Halloween images also appeal to me. I chose to play with Stampin’ Up!’s Creep it Real stamp set for today’s blog hop card. Here’s my card:
- Just Creeping it Real. My card design started with a background of “Creep it Real” over and over on a panel of Very Vanilla. The sentiment has a little gap in the top, right corner that was perfect for another sentiment to fit right in. I used my trusty Stamp-a-ma-Jig to line up each word. Confession: I smudged one of the letters in the top, right corner, so I just snipped it out of the panel to create a smaller panel. Since the sentiment doesn’t really show up on the outside (unless you work to see it), I added the “Creep it Real” sentiment to the inside, too. Here’s a look at this super-fun and super-sweet set:
- Fun Trio. The focal panel of this fun card is the trio of cute spooks is adorable, right? I simple stamped each on a coordinating color and cut out the shapes. I popped them up with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals and then sat back to clap my hands about how cute they are. I mean, really. They are adorable! Here’s a closer look:
- Cooky Fun Colors. I adore black and orange for Halloween, but other colors can really be sweet, too! To the traditional Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie, I added Wisteria Wonder (a soft, gray purple) and Lemon Lime Twist (the brightest green you could imagine) for this silly, but beautifully sophisticated) card. If you like this combination, too, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Creep it Real Papers: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Wisteria Wonder, Lemon Lime Twist, Very Vanilla Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Lydia Fiedler at Understand Blue
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Racheal Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Browning at Karen Z Browning
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy