This is going to be an amazing week for me! I’m this week’s featured designer at the Global Design Project – every four weeks, we invite card designers to create a project inspired by a selected card that was created by one of our designers. To CASE is to “Copy and Share Everything” – (1) find inspiration in the layout, colors, theme, sentiment or images and (2) create your very own project. What fun!
Here’s my project for this week’s challenge:
If you’d like to read more about this card and the post when I first shared it, please click here.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- CASE. At first glance, you might not be able to see how today’s card was inspired by the challenge card. There are actually several ways:
- Theme. The “I’m so very sorry” card is a sympathy card with a sweet show of support. For the challenge card, I used the Sorry for Everything stamp set. For today’s card, I used Always & Forever. I just love this sentiment!
- Heart. The universal symbol of love and support is a heart, right? On the challenge card, I stamped the heart from Ribbon of Courage on a sheet of Designer Series Paper. For today’s card, I cropped a heart from Vellum Cardstock with the Sweet & Sassy Framelits Dies.
- Designer Series Paper. The challenge card features two patterns from Coffee Break Designer Series Paper that pair beautifully with one another – and I stamped the sentiment on a block of Whisper White. Today’s project features two patterns from Petal Garden Designer Series Paper Stack – and, you guessed it, the sentiment is stamped on a block of Whisper White.
- Layers. I love the combination of these patterns – the bold, graphic, floral design looks wonderful with the tiny, monochromatic pattern of the other. The vellum heart adds an image without breaking up the paper too much. Because I know you appreciate it when I share the layers on a card, I’m happy to share (from the base, working my way up):
- Sweet Sugarplum – 8-1/2″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/5″
- Sweet Sugarplum – 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Petal Garden Designer Series Paper – 4-7/8″ x 3-5/8″
- Sweet Sugarplum – 3-7/8″ x 2-7/8″
- Petal Garden Designer Series Paper – 3-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
- Whisper White – 3-3/4″ x 7/8″
- Colors. As I often do, I pulled the colors for today’s card right from the colors in the Designer Series Paper I was using. While there’s only a little bit of Rich Razzleberry in the flowers, but these three colors look great together! If you like this combination of Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Always & Forever Papers: Petal Garden Designer Series Paper Stack, Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White, Vellum Cardstock Inks: Basic Memento Accessories: Sweet & Sassy Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Team site to see the cards by the design team members. I would LOVE for you to play along with this challenge – what an honor it would be.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Save While You Celebrate World Card Making Day. World Card Making Day is October 7. To celebrate World Card Making Day, Stampin’ Up! is kicking off a 10-day sale. Until October 10, you can:
- earn a 15% discount on Whisper White and Very Vanilla Note Cards & Envelopes
- earn a 15% discount on select stamp sets from the Annual & Holiday Catalogs
- To see all of the items in the World Card Making Day sale, CLICK HERE.
Coffee Break Designer Series Paper is one of the papers that’s on sale in October (buy 3, get 1 free) – you don’t want to miss this deal! What fun! Click this banner to see all the papers that are a part of this special:
One-for-One Card Swap. I’m hosting a 2017 Holiday One-for-One Swap. For information about the swap and how you can participate, please click here or on the picture below: