Thank you to those of you who played along with my CASE the Designer Challenge last week – what a great honor to look through all the wonderful cards you made that were inspired by my simple card. It’s always wonderful to read your kind words and enjoy your amazing projects. If you’d like to look through the projects, you can see them here. Thanks!
This week’s color challenge for the Global Design Project are Gold, Basic Black and Old Olive. What fun! I was excited to play with these colors and knew which papers I’d reach for first. 🙂 Here’s my card:
- Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper. Today’s card features two Old Olive and Whisper White patterns from the Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper pack. I love these patterns! While I’ve mostly shared the black-and-white patterns, these green-and-white pages really jump out at me. I cut and moved and placed them until they were positioned where I wanted them. I had a lot of fun with these pages. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in this great pack of papers:
- A Little Shine. There are so many great ways to add shimmer and shine to your Stampin’ Up! projects – and there are lots of great options for gold. There’s gold foil, glimmer paper, enamel shapes, embossing powders, papers with gold foil…must I go on? Well, I guess I should go on since I haven’t yet named washi tape. It was the Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape that reached out to me. I added three stripes of this super-thin strip of gold foil washi tape to the Basic Black panel – what a fun accent! Here’s a look at this gorgeous pack of washi tapes:
- Measurements. I had so much fun with the layers on this card that I thought I would share the measurements of each of the layers, starting with the base and working my way up:
- Old Olive – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (scored at 4-1/4″
- Basic Black – 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper – 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Basic Black – 4-3/4″ x 2-5/8″
- Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper – 4-5/8″ x 2-1/2″
- Basic Black – 4-5/8″ x 1-3/4″
- Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape
- Thick Whisper White – approximately 3″
Stamp Sets: Tags & Trimmings Papers: Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper, Old Olive, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape, Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Who doesn’t love a Buy 3, Get 1 free promotion? You don’t want to miss Stampin’ Up!’s sale – going on until the end of October! What fun! Click this banner to see all the papers that are a part of this special:
One-for-One Card Swap. I’m hosting a 2017 Holiday One-for-One Swap. For information about the swap and how you can participate, please click here or on the picture below: