I love Tangerine Tango, and I love Pumpkin Pie. I see the difference between the two oranges and appreciate what each brings to a project. I don’t often, though, think of putting the two together. The new FabFriday Color Challenge combines Tangerine Tango and Pumpkin Pie (not a common pairing) with Fresh Fig. I was excited to sit down and play. Here’s my card for this week’s challenge:
- Climbing Orchid Bundle. I tend to think of orchids as white or soft, soft pink – but they come in all colors. My orange orchid inspired by Stampin’ Up!’s Stampin’ Blends advertisements – this is a GREAT set to showcase your new markers (available November1). What a great bundle! This bundle can be used for sweet cards or gorgeous 3-D arrangements. Here’s a look at this amazing, new bundle (you can click on the picture to see some great samples in my online store):
- Find the Colors. Are you able to distinguish the various colors on this card? The three colors are accented with Early Espresso (from the cardstock used to crop the Seasonal Layers branch) and Very Vanilla (from the Spooky Night Designer Series Paper panel and cardstock layers) and . That’s right! The background of this beautiful card is from a spooky Halloween-themed pack of papers. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in Spooky Night Designer Series Paper:Just for fun, I thought I’d list the places where each of the colors is used.
- Pumpkin Pie – cardstock on for base, panel of Spooky Night Designer Series Paper, Stampin’ Write Markers on sepal and petal of the orchid (that’s right – I researched the anatomy of an orchid before writing this post)
- Tangerine Tango – cardstock for thin border around Spooky Night Designer Series Paper, cardstock for word “hope” that was cropped from Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies, ink on lip of flower (that’s the center)
- Fresh Fig – band of Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Stampin’ Blends – November 1. Stampin’ Up! has released a new set of alcohol markers to demonstrators – they will be available to customers starting November 1. I couldn’t be more excited – I’ve used these Stampin’ Blends on so many projects since I first received the new markers! The alcohol markers (offered in a dark and light shade of select colors) are so easy to use – they give such a uniform wash of color (with one marker) or beautiful depth and texture (with more than one color). With nestable, press-fit lids, these markers are designed to stay sealed so the markers stay inky long-term. I used the Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends on this beautiful orchid and then reached for the Color Lifter to strategically pull away some of the color on the petals – it helped to lighten things up a bit. SO easy!
Stamp Sets: Climbing Orchid Papers: Spooky Night Designer Series Paper, Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Thick Very Vanilla Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento, Stampin’ Blends (Pumpkin Pie, Color Lifter), Tangerine Tango Accessories: Orchid Builder Framelits Dies, Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies, Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
One-for-One Card Swap. The cards are pouring in for my 2017 Holiday One-for-One Swap. I love opening up the mailbox each day to see what you’ve created – but the deadline is soon approaching, so please get your card in the mail to me soon. For information about the swap and how you can participate, please click here or on the picture below:
Designer Series Paper Sale. Who doesn’t love a Buy 3, Get 1 free promotion? You don’t want to miss Stampin’ Up!’s sale – going on until the end of October! What fun! Click this banner to see all the papers that are a part of this special: