Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
I am excited to welcome my sweet friend, Jenny Hall, to today’s blog hop. Jenny is a super-talented stamper and makes some of the most beautiful clean-and-simple projects on her Jenny Stamps Up blog. So happy to have her join us today!
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s December Blog Hop! We have a fun Blog Hop theme today – Wrap it Up! The hop is filled with projects that are perfect for this time of year – everything from gift-packaging ideas to bundling up to stay warm. We are excited to share our creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
As soon as I sat down to create my project for today’s hop, I reached for the “Wrapped in the Warmth of Christmas” sentiment in Snowflake Sentiments. After I thumbed through my sets and accessories, looking for the right accents to this sentiment, I settled on a great embossing folder and image to pair with the sentient. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Gorgeous Stamps. This card features two beautiful stamp sets – both are from Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Holiday Catalog, and both are featured as a part of a bundle. The sentiment is from the Snowflake Sentiments bundle (both the stamp set and the coordinating dies will be available after the catalog retires on January 2, 2018, but the 10% bundled savings goes away). Here’s a look at the Snowflake Sentiments Bundle:
The gorgeous branch of holly that graces the bottom of the oval is from the Musical Season Bundle. It’s not a musically-themed image, but it’s really beautiful. Don’t you think? This bundle (including the stamp set and dies) are retiring on January 2, 2018. If you want them, make sure you get them now. Here’s a look at this wonderful bundle:
- Beautiful Texture. I don’t often reach for my embossing folders – and I’m not really sure why I don’t because this Quilt Top Textured Impressions Embossing Folder gave me the exact texture I wanted to make this panel of Crumb Cake warm and inviting. The impression of a quilt plays along with today’s blog hop theme, too – who doesn’t love to wrap up in a warm quilt when it’s cold outside? I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits to create a border around the sentiment oval – another great touch of texture. I’m inspired to play with my embossing folders more – please hold me accountable. Here’s a closer look at these fun textures:
- Balance. You know so many things about me – I don’t like glitter or watermelon, and I love to achieve perfect balance on my layered cards. Here’s the funny thing about “balance” – it doesn’t equate with “centered.” Because I knew the branch would be added to the focal ovals, I didn’t center the sentiment on the white oval. In addition, I didn’t center the ovals on the panel of cardstock – instead, I squinted to center the entire grouping of ovals and branch.
Stamp Sets: Snowflake Sentiments, Musical Season Papers: Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Lemon Lime Twist Accessories: Quilt Top Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Musical Instruments Framelits Dies, Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Jenny Hall at Jenny Hall Designs. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jenny Hall at Jenny Hall Designs
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Karen Browning at KarenZBrowning.com
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie