Merry Christmas! What a wonderful day to kick off a “Home for the Holidays” theme challenge at the Global Design Project! This is a wonderful time of year – between Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s, there are lots of opportunities to get together with friends and family. Here’s my card for this Home for the Holidays challenge:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Home Life. I’ve had this idea in my head for a while – to simply showcase the shape of a house from the Welcome Home Framelits Dies on a “new home” card. In this case, a Christmas sentiment fits perfectly. Such a sweet presentation without a lot of work! I’ve really enjoyed this Home Life bundle – if you haven’t picked it up for yourself, I hope you’ll give it another look:
- Three Times. I ran this house-shaped Framelit through my Big Shot three times to make this card. Can you name all three? Don’t worry – I’m not going to make you work for it. Here are the three times I cropped with this die on this project:
- One. I cropped this gorgeous piece of plaid paper from the Christmas Around the World Designer Series Paper. I have really loved this paper – filled with Garden Green, Real Red and Basic Black plaid – and have used it often this season. It’s so perfectly warm and beautiful here. Here’s a look at this paper:
- Two. Because I wanted to pop up the house with Stampin’ Dimensionals, I added a support layer of Thick Whisper White beneath the house. Because the Framelit gives me two shapes that are the exact same size, it’s EASY to fit two layers together. You can see a bit of the white layer on the left side of this house because the photograph is taken at an angle.
- Three. I stamped the “Hearts come home for Christmas” sentiment from the Hearts Come Home stamp set on a long strip of Whisper White cardstock that was 1-1/4″ tall. To crop it to fit with the plaid layer, I simply placed the die over the strip to get the exact cut I wanted. Easy as can be! While Hearts Come Home is offered as a bundle (I love both the stamp set and coordinating dies), I only used the stamp set here. Here’s a look at this bundle:
- Christmas Colors. Even with the pops of white on this card, the focal colors are Real Red, Garden Green and Basic Black. That plaid really sets the mood, right? If you like this combination of colors as much as I do, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Hearts Come Home Papers: Christmas Around the World, Real Red, Garden Green, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Welcome Home Framelits Dies, Cookie Cutter Builder Punch (heart), Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you have a WONDERFUL Christmas, and I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Need a Last Minute Gift? In Friday’s post, I shared how you can give the gift of Paper Pumpkin to someone you love – just click on the picture below to learn more.
Product Shares and Designer Series Paper Swatch Books. With the release of each catalog, I offer product shares and swatch books. It’s fun o share these new products with you. I’m scheduled to release these on Wednesday, December 27, but I might share them earlier. 🙂 If you’d like to receive an email when they are shared, please email me.