Today is the creme center between two delicious, crunchy chocolate cookies – yesterday was New Year’s Day, and tomorrow marks the release of Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog and the kick-off of Sale-a-Bration. Today is just an ordinary day, but we need days like that, right? I’m sharing a super-sweet card I made with several items from Stampin’ Up!’s True Gentleman Suite, certain to be one of the most popular in the new catalog. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Truly Tailored and True Gentleman. Stampin’ Up! has given us another great punch for all kinds of labels and abstract shapes – the Tailored Tag punch. The new, fun shape pairs with the Truly Tailored stamp set, designed to be your go-to for Father’s Day, birthdays or other celebrations with a guy. Here’s a look at this new Truly Tailored Bundle:
I didn’t want to include the comb in my sentiment on this card (although I’ll very likely use it some other time) so I masked out the border and comb before inking the stamp. It gave me a cleaner image that made me happy. That cleaner image needed a border (that I masked off already), so I snipped a border around my punched sentiment with Night of Navy cardstock. The gorgeous patterns in the coordinating Designer Series Paper gave me just what I wanted, too – a strip of plaid and two tiny strips of a stitched pattern. Here’s a look at the amazing colors and patterns in the True Gentleman Designer Series Paper:
- Designing for Men. A lot of people get “cold feet” when trying to design cards for the men in their lives. There’s an old theory out there that masculine cards should be all-brown or feature an old truck. Cards for men don’t have to be void of color and personality, though. I’ll concede that a card based in blues or neutrals is a good start, but there’s nothing wrong with a pop of color. I love the blue-and-green combination in these papers (Tranquil Tide and Night of Navy are a lovely combo) – I even created a brown background with Crumb Cake – but I pulled that Crushed Curry from the thin stripes in this paper to add a classy, beautiful pop of color. There are no “frills” on this card, but it’s still a lovely card, don’t you think?
- Classy Color Trio. I love the colors in this pack of True Gentleman Designer Series Paper. As I often do, I pulled my colors right from the pack. Such a classic color combination – love these shades together. If you also like Crushed Curry, Tranquil Tide and Night of Navy together, please save this:
Bundles: Truly Tailored Bundle Stamp Sets: Truly Tailored Papers: True Gentleman Designer Series Paper, Tranquil Tide, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Thick Very Vanilla Inks: Tranquil Tide Accessories: Tailored Tag Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you enjoyed this simple, tailored card. Tomorrow is the big day – the launch of Stampin’ Up!’s Occasions Catalog and Sale-a-Bration! Are you ready!? 🙂
Thanks for stopping by today!
So much to look forward to. Monday’s post featured a lot of great announcements – and I want to make sure you know about all of them. To read that post, you can click here. Here’s a quick rundown of the topics I covered:
- I’m hosting an April event that coordinates with Stampin’ Up!’s OnStage in Atlanta. I’d love for you and your friends to join the fun!
- I’m sharing a discounted bundle of several suites in the Occasions Catalog – this is a limited-time offer, so check it out now.
- The last day to request product shares and to order Designer Series Paper Swatch Books is fast approaching. Sign up today!