This week’s Freshly Made Sketches challenge gave me a perfect opportunity to showcase the fun balloons in Stampin’ Up!’s Picture Perfect Party Designer Series Paper. Thanks, Rita Wright! I love this paper and had fun showcasing it for this sweet-and-simple card. Who doesn’t love beautiful colors and bright balloons on their birthday? Here’s my card:
- Picture Perfect Party. I hope you are not tired of hearing how much I love the Picture Perfect Party Suite in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog – because I still have so much more to share with it. Today’s card for Freshly Made Sketches features a large panel of birthday balloons – such a great image for a fun card! I cut the panel to balance the Berry Burst and Peekaboo Peach colors on the front of the card. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in this 6″ x 6″ stack of papers: If you haven’t already, you should take a peek at all of the coordinating products in this super-fun suite of products – every item is truly wonderful. Please click on the picture below to see these items in my online store:
- Birthday Wit. Yesterday, I shared a fun card with the new Birthday Wit stamp set – if you missed it, you can see it here. Today’s card features a “happy birthday” sentiment from the same stamp set. I stamped this image with Berry Burst ink on Thick Whisper White and then snipped it out. There’s more to this image, but I only wanted the bold greeting (without all the rolling-on-the-floor humor) – here’s a look at the sentiments in this fun set:
- Panel Sizes. I really enjoyed this sketch from Freshly Made Sketches – it gave me inspiration to make a simple card with products I love. Although the inspiration is clearly there, I played with the panels just a little bit. Not only did I add an extra layer of printed paper, but I pulled in the elements of the card from the edges. Here are the measurements for the layers on this card (starting with the base and working my way up):
- Peekaboo Peach cardstock – 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″)
- Picture Perfect Party Designer Series Paper – 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Berry Burst cardstock – 3-1/2″ x 5-1/4″
- Picture Perfect Party Designer Series Paper – 3-3/8″ x 5-1/4″
Stamp Sets: Birthday Wit Papers: Picture Perfect Party 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Peekaboo Peach, Berry Burst, Thick Whisper White Inks: Berry Burst Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Freshly Made Sketches site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Join Me for a Spring Event in Atlanta!
In April, Stampin’ Up! is hosting OnStage Local events for demonstrators all over the world. One of the local events will be local to me – here in Atlanta, Georgia! Along with some of my amazing team members, I’ll be hosting a Spring stamping event the day before OnStage. This event – still unnamed and not-yet-fully-planned – will be Friday, April 7 at Cobb Galleria Centre. I’d love for you to join us!
Registration for the Spring Event will be open to a limited number of demonstrators – and the day will be FILLED with fun. I can promise some inspiring presentations, super-fun games, a high-quality swap and make-and-takes like nothing you’ve ever seen. The event will mirror the World Card Making Day events we’ve hosted the last five years.
If you’d like to see some of my write-ups about past events to gauge your excitement about this event, please click on one of the below links:
If you have participated in my events before, I’d LOVE for you to leave comments below about how much fun you had. I’d ALSO love for you to share this message with your friends and team members to encourage them to join us, too!
EMAIL ME HERE if you would like to be included on my emails as we fine-tune this fun event.