When I sat down to make today’s card for the FabFriday sketch challenge that launches today, I wasn’t prepared for how much I would love it. I don’t dabble in a lot of pinks and purples, so this card was a little out of my comfort zone. I knew there was something magical about the sweet unicorn in A Magical Day, so I started there, and the rest just fell into place. Here’s my card for this FabFriday challenge:
- It’s Magic. There’s something wonderful about the Myths & Magic Suite of products in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog. The suite is filled with dragons and mermaids and unicorns and knights and wizards. It’s a fantasy-land of myths. I started with the chubby unicorn (but don’t say that in front of him) from the Magical Day stamp set and cropped him with the Magical Mates Framelits. Here’s a look at the fun images and sentiments in this bundle:
I accented the festive unicorn with a “sassy” heart from the Sweet & Sassy Framelits Dies and a panel of iridescent glittered design from the Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper. Here’s a look at the awesome papers in this collection: If you’d like to see all of the items included in this bundle, click here:
- Two Sale-a-Bration Goodies. I love sentiments that uplift and inspire. On a favorite TV show of mine, one of the adult characters holds the face of an outcast child in his hands and says, “You are exactly who you are supposed to be.” So loving and affirming – I couldn’t love that more! There’s a popular Pinterest meme that gives a funny twist to that concept – “Always be yourself – unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn.” You are who you are, and that’s who you are. Be you.I combined sentiments from the two “Level 2” items in Sale-a-Bration (those are the two items that you can redeem with a $100 purchase – Happy Wishes stamp set and the Celebrate You Thinlits Dies. Both are amazing options and work together perfectly here. If you’d like to learn more about how you can earn free products during Sale-a-Bration, click here.
- Sweet Color Combination. I love working with color – and this combination of pink and purple is not a comfortable go-to for me. I had to stretch a little – but that’s always a good thing, right? I went with Pink Pirouette because I could just color his mane and tail with my Stampin’ Write Marker (convenience drove me there): How sweet! If you like this combination of Pink Pirouette, Fresh Fig and Basic Black, please save this:
Bundles: Magical Day Bundle Stamp Sets: Magical Day, Happy Wishes Papers: Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper, Pink Pirouette, Fresh Fig, Thick Whisper Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black, Stampin’ Write Markers (Pink Pirouette) Accessories: Celebrate You Thinlits Dies, Sweet & Sassy Framelits Dies, Magical Mates Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
In April, Stampin’ Up! is hosting OnStage Local events for demonstrators all over the world. One of the local events will be local to me – here in Atlanta, Georgia! I’m hosting a Spring stamping event the day before OnStage – and I’m calling it Brian’s Spring Stamp-Along. This event will be Friday, April 6 at Cobb Galleria Centre. I’d love for you to join us!
Registration for the Spring Event will open today to a limited number of demonstrators – and the day will be FILLED with fun. I can promise some inspiring presentations, super-fun games, a high-quality swap and make-and-takes like nothing you’ve ever seen. The event will mirror the World Card Making Day events we’ve hosted the last five years.
To learn more or to sign up now, CLICK HERE.
BECOME A ROYAL
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.