I’m so happy to be the Guest Designer for today’s Creating Kindness Blog Hop – this hop will take you all around the world! The Design Team is comprised of some super-talented friends, and I’m thrilled to hop with them today. What fun!The theme of today’s hop is “Inspiration.” What inspires you? What gets your creative juices flowing? There are so many things that inspire me, but I focused on three for today’s project. My card features a sweet image, a fun sentiment and a gorgeous color combination. Here’s my card:
How cute is that little fox? This is where I normally share tips and tricks for making gorgeous cards. Since this blog hop is fueled by inspiration, I’m going to share three things that inspired me to make this card.
Three Things That Inspire Me
- Colors. If I had to pick ONE thing that inspires me with every card I make, I’d have to admit that I’m always excited about fresh, fun color combinations. I pay attention to colors and often pull great color pairings from art, fashion and the world around me. I also pull color combinations from Designer Series Papers and card samples (I love when Stampin’ Up! has done the work for us). I remember how much I loved the combination of Pool Party, Tangerine Tango and Smoky Slate in A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack (that retired last year), so I reached for these colors today as the foundation of this card. If you love this combination as much as I do, please save this:
- Unique Pairings. I love that Stampin’ Up! combines stamps in sets that often give us a sentiment and image (and sometimes a full suite of coordinating papers and accessories). I love the coordination. I have to confess, though, that I also love to find unique pairings of sentiments and images, combining multiple sets in one card. I spend a lot of time running my finger over the spines of my stamp sets, studying the contents of the sets and “locking away” the contents. How cute is this combination of fox with the “you’re a fox” sentiment? I used Stampin’ Write Markers to paint the sentiment on this sentiment stamp from Truly Tailored and punched it with the Tailored Tag punch. I created my peek-a-boo fox with the Foxy Friends stamp set and coordinating Fox Builder punch. He’s just hanging out and owning this fun sentiment.
- Open Space & Layering. I’m inspired by mid-century modern designs and crisp, clean precision in architecture. I love a big, open, clutter-free room. The apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree when it comes to my cards – that’s why almost all of my cards feature lots of bold, open space and lots of layers of cardstock. I’m not afraid to keep cutting away at cardstock until I have the exact layers (and frames for those layers) I want. Even though this card is quite simple, there are technically 7 levels of cardstock here. 🙂 Here are the measurements for the layers on this simple card (starting with the base and moving up):
- Tangerine Tango – 4-1/4″ x 8-1/2″ (scored at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White – 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Smoky Slate -3-1/4″ X 3-1/4″
- Pool Party – 3-1/8″ x 3-1/8″
- Thick Whisper White – punches with Fox Builder & Tailored Tag punches
Bundles: Truly Tailored Bundle Stamp Sets: Foxy Friends, Truly Tailored Papers: Tangerine Tango, Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Tangerine Tango, Archival Basic Black, Stampin’ Write Markers (Basic Black, Tangerine Tango) Accessories: Fox Builder Punch, Tailored Tag Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you like my sweet project today, and I hope you’ll hop to the next blog in this Blog Hop – Jerim Dickens has a wonderful project to share!
If you get lost along the hop, you can always find the full list here: