Would you rather enjoy a vacation on the beach or a vacation in the mountains? I grew up by the beach and prefer cooler temperatures, so I’d choose a vacation in the mountains every single time. Every single time. I created a sweet-and-simple 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ card with Stampin’ Up!’s Waterfront stamp set to create a beautiful, mountainous landscape. Here’s my card:
- Waterfront. I love the watercolored images in Waterfront, a stamp set that’s new in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog. Love! With Stampin’ Up! designers, this set was inspired by Connie Heisey, a Stampin’ Up! million dollar achiever. Thanks for the awesome set, Connie! Such great textures and sentiments in the images in this set. Here’s a look at the Waterfront stamp set:
I love these images – the stamps are designed to give the gorgeous look of a watercolor brush with each image. The set is so versatile, too – between the mounts, trees and water, you could create any landscape with a variety of gorgeous colors.
- Stamping Off. Even though the images in Waterfront are designed to showcase varied depths of color (they stamp beautifully to look like you painted them with a brush), it’s possible to add even more depth to the images. I stamped off one of my mountains (I inked up the image and stamped it on a piece of scrap paper before stamping it onto my Whisper White panel) to give it a different depth from the fully-inked one. I stamped the water with the zig-zag image in a full concentration of Pool Party before filling in the leftover white space with a stamped off Pool Party image. The moon is stamped with a full concentration of Crushed Curry (no stamping off there).
- Colors. The colors I used for this peaceful card are inspired by the colors of nature – the purple mountains, the blue water and the yellow moon. Easy choices that look wonderful together. If you like this combination of Fresh Fig, Pool Party and Crushed Curry, please save this as a reminder:
Stamp Sets: Waterfront Papers: Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper, Fresh Fig, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Fresh Fig, Pool Party, Crushed Curry, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you like this sweet-and-simple card. I have another Waterfront card I’ll share tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.