Yesterday I shared a square, mountain-filled card I made with Stampin’ Up!’s Waterfront stamp set – if you missed that post, you can see it here. With the introduction of my card yesterday, I asked if you would prefer to vacation at the beach or in the mountains. Did you respond with “beach!”? When my local club members met on Sunday, I asked them the same question before sharing these cards. They all answered with “beach” so we made this card:
These cards are identical – with only changes to the Whisper White panel. What a difference a little ink and some different stamps can make!
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- In the Middle. Like yesterday’s card, I used Stampin’ Up!’s Waterfront stamp set to create a beautiful scene – this time I created a little house on the ocean. The little beach juts out from the right, and the palm trees give a lovely tropical feel. I stamped my Fresh Fig house directly in the center of the Whisper White panel on the front of this card and balanced everything around it. Here’s a look at the Waterfront Stamp Set:
I had less space to work with above this scene (compared to yesterday’s card), so I switched up the sentiment to this fun one. I adore both the images and sentiments in this set.
- A Tip from Nancy. One of my newest club members, Nancy, made a rookie mistake. Scratch that. She made her card “special” by “purposefully” stamping the canopy of her palm tree upside down. With that one “purposeful” decision, Nancy dramatically changed the look and feel of her landscape. Instead of a peaceful beach scene, she’s conveyed the fear and panic of hurricane-level winds. 🙂 She asked that I share this tip with you – and I was happy to oblige her.
- Fresh, Bright Colors. Yesterday’s card featured the purple mountains, blue water and yellow moon. Today’s beach-themed card features the same purple and blue – I only added some browns and exchanged the yellow for green. I love this combination of purple, blue and green (Fresh Fig, Pool Party and Old Olive). If you like it, too, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Waterfront Papers: Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper, Fresh Fig, Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Fresh Fig, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
Which do you like best? Would you rather spend time in the mountains or in a cute cabin by the ocean? I’m excited for you to buy this set (from me, of course) and look forward to seeing what you make with it. <3
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.