Cards can serve all kinds of occasions – they can celebrate success or share thankfulness or offer a kind thought. Sympathy cards or thinking of you cards are the hardest to make because of all the emotion that comes with the card. A simple and pleasant card is always an appropriate way to say “I’m here for you” or “Thinking of you.” I made such a card for this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge. Here’s my card:
- Beautiful You & Hanging Garden. My card pairs two stamp sets – one is an “new favorite,” and one is an “old stand-by.” The stylish woman in this image from Beautiful You carries an umbrella to keep shelter from the rain – the image tells a story, don’t you think? Here’s a look at the other images and sentiments in Beautiful You:
I paired the image with an appropriate “Hang in there” from Hanging Garden, a new favorite from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog. Here’s a look at the Hanging Garden stamp set:
- Paper-Piecing & Naturally Eclectic. I stamped the image from Beautiful You on the Thick Whisper White panel on the front of this card. I also stamped her on a two panels of watercolor-designed papers from Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper – I snipped her dress from a piece of Berry Burst paper and her umbrella from a piece of Emerald Envy. Such an easy way to add depth and interest to this graceful image. The background panel on this card is a Night of Navy sheet that looks like rain – perfect for my umbrella-toting lady. Here’s a look at the gorgeous colors and patterns in the Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper:
- A Beautiful Trio. The colors on this card were pulled right from the Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper – a blue, a green a red. The combination of these colors is beautiful, rich and calming. If you like this combination of Emerald Envy, Berry Burst and Night of Navy, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Beautiful You, Hanging Garden Papers: Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper, Night of Navy, Thick Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.