Boy, did we have some powerful rain yesterday! While it was calm most of the day, the rain would sweep in every once in a while and pour down in quick, powerful showers. It was a good time to make a sweet umbrella-themed card for the most recent Fusion Challenge. Here’s my card:
Fusion Challenges encourage us to follow a sketch or an inspiration photo (or fuse the two together in a single card). I chose the “rain or shine” photo as the inspiration for my card. Here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Weather Together & You’ve Got This. My card showcases two classic stamp sets that should be in your stamp collection – Weather Together and You’ve Got This. Weather Together is a collection of umbrellas and coordinating shapes and images that make it perfect for rain or showers of love or gifts. Think baby showers, wedding showers or Valentine’s Day. I haven’t touched the set in a while because it was hard to color (and I wasn’t thinking about it when the Stampin’ Blends came back). SO FUN with the Blends! AND the set coordinates with the Umbrella Weather Framelits. Score! Here’s a look at Weather Together:
The sentiment comes from one of my all-time favorite stamp sets that’s been around a while – You’ve Got This. I love the big flower and the supportive sentiments – and that thatched background stamp needs to be in your craft room. Here’s a look at You’ve Got This:
- Simple Layers. My simple card features seven layers of cardstock. That seems impossible, but they are there. The base of the card is covered with a beautiful, striped pattern from Petal Garden Designer Series Paper – I love how the paper flows right into the cardstock base. The Soft Sky panel is from Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper – so soft, so sweet. The umbrella is stamped in two pieces – the stem and the canopy are stamped, cropped with the coordinating Umbrella Weather Framelits and colored with Stampin’ Blends. I love how the umbrella pops against the oval and tilts a little to the side.
- Color Combination. No post would be complete without a color combination. For this card, I used Calypso Coral for the base and sweet umbrella and positioned the umbrella on a Soft Sky panel. With lots of Whisper White, these shades come together perfectly. If you like this combination of Whisper White, Soft Sky and Calypso Coral, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Weather Together, You’ve Got This Papers: Petal Garden Designer Series Paper Stack, Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper, Calypso Coral, Thick Whisper White Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin’ Blends (Calypso Coral Combo Pack, Light Smoky Slate), Archival Basic Black Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, Umbrella Weather Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Fusion Challenge site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
MAKE THE MOST OF SALE-A-BRATION
Are you looking for ways to maximize your Sale-a-Bration rewards before the end of Stampin’ Up!’s big sales event? Click on the logo above (or click here) to make sure you’re maximizing the benefits. I want you to earn big! <3
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.