This week’s Global Design Project sketch challenge had me reaching for soft tones and sweet images. My card includes Powder Pink Designer Series Paper, Powder Pink ink and a wee touch of Powder Pink cardstock. I committed to Powder Pink for this card, and it’s as soft and sweet as I imagined it would be. Here’s my card:
- Stamps. My pink and gray card features two stamps from very different sets. The branch of soft, sweet flowers is from Southern Serenade, a new stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog. The sentiments in this set are gorgeous – and wonderful. There’s a delicateness to these flowers that really appeals to me. Here’s a look at the Southern Serenade stamp set:
The “OH, HELLO” sentiment is from a limited time stamp set called Color Me Happy that coordinates with a fun Color Me Happy Project Kit. The set and kit were first introduced with the Stampin’ Blends – what fun! I love the versatility of this sentiment (“oh, hello” can be super casual or just a sweet hello), and I love the images in this set and have used them often. Here’s a look at the fun Color Me Happy stamp set:
And here’s a look at the coordinating kit:
EARN THIS KIT FOR FREE! Through the end of March, this kit (along with some other great products) have been added to the Sale-a-Bration options. What fun! The product code for this kit is 150046. Check out the other new additions to Sale-a-Bration here.
- Ink. I love the smoky tones of Powder Pink – it pairs perfectly with Basic Gray (which is why I’ve used so much of the two colors on this card). Smart, heh? With a scrap piece of cardstock, I cropped a circle with the 2-1/4″ Circle punch. I placed the punched cardstock over the 4-1/4″ x 3″ piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock and swiped an inked Stamping Sponge in a circle around the template. Around and around and around until I had the concentration of Powder Pink I wanted as a base for my flower. I then stamped the flower in Basic Gray and sat back to feel excited by how beautiful it looked. Such a simple way to create an amazing effect.
- Paper. The background of my card is covered with a Powder Pink panel of paper from the Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack – so many great pages in these papers, and this one gives a perfect backdrop for these criss-crossing panels. The “OH, HELLO” sentiment is stamped with Basic Gray ink on Thick Whisper White and snipped out. Beneath the sentiment is a tiny row of scallops – these are the remnants from one punch of the Ticket Tear Border Punch. Instead of creating a ticket tear border, I grabbed a leftover piece that was punched out to create this beautiful scalloped edge. Here’s a closer look at this element: And here’s a look at the Ticket Tear Border Punch:
Stamp Sets: Southern Serenade, Color Me Happy Papers: Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack, Basic Gray, Thick Whisper White, Powder Pink Inks: Powder Pink, Basic Gray Accessories: Ticket Tear Border Punch, 2-1/4″ Circle Punch, Stamping Sponges, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
MAKE THE MOST OF SALE-A-BRATION
Are you looking for ways to maximize your Sale-a-Bration rewards before the end of Stampin’ Up!’s big sales event? Click on the logo above (or click here) to make sure you’re maximizing the benefits. I want you to earn big! <3
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.