I’ve been looking for an excuse to pair the the fun circles from Stampin’ Up!’s Playful Backgrounds with the “May your day bubble over with happiness” sentiment from the Bubble Over Bundle. These fun shapes deserve a fun sentiment – together they are adorable. This week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge gave me opportunity I was looking for. Here’s my card:
- Playful Bubbles. The bubbly circles in Playful Backgrounds have always been a favorite of mine – I reach for them lots, but they don’t always make it onto my blog. There are four stamps in this set, but I love these circles most. Here’s a look at the Playful Backgrounds stamp set:
Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog introduced us to the Bubble Over Bundle. What a fun collection of images and sentiments that can be used for all occasions. Here’s a look at this bundle:
There’s also a coordinating pack of 12″ x 12″ papers, Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper, that can be selected with a $50 order during Sale-a-Bration. What fun!
- Glue Resist. When I was in Huntsville, Alabama with several of my team members for a retreat hosted by the Rocket City Stampers, they introduced me to a fun technique that I used on today’s card. We used this Glue Resist technique on a flower at the retreat – I used it on these fun circles today. Here’s a quick step-by-step walk through of what I did to create this fun look:
- Cropping the Sentiment. Sometimes you want to cut the sentiment after you’ve stamped it (and, in this case, embossed it). I was afraid to mis-cut the sentiment with my Stampin’ Trimmer, so I used a more precise method and cropped it with my Layering Squares Framelits Dies. Here’s how I did that:
Stamp Sets: Bubble Over, Playful Backgrounds Papers: Thick Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Basic Black Inks: Archival Basic Black, Whisper White Craft, Pool Party, Flirty Flamingo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight Accessories: White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Fine Tip Glue, Sponge Brayer, Layering Squares Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
MAKE THE MOST OF SALE-A-BRATION
Are you looking for ways to maximize your Sale-a-Bration rewards before the end of Stampin’ Up!’s big sales event? Click on the logo above (or click here) to make sure you’re maximizing the benefits. I want you to earn big! <3
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.