As this post goes live, I am headed to the Cobb Galleria Centre where 160 of my friends are joining me for Brian’s Spring Stamp-Along. I’ve been talking about this event for months and can’t wait to share loads of fun with these fellow demonstrators from all over. Yay! I’ll certainly share lots of pictures and surprises from the event with you early next week. 🙂
Today I’m sharing a quick, fun birthday card I made for a friend. There’s a little bit of “pretty” and a little bit of “sassy.” Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Fun, Fun, Fun. My card is a combination of three super-fun, birthday-themed products – and I happen to think you need all three. Here’s a quick rundown, my gift to you so you can update your wish list accordingly:
- Picture Perfect 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. The confetti and the candles are both from this amazing stack of papers. If you haven’t yet ordered this paper from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog, then add it to your list. If you have ordered it, then you already know how much you need another pack (or two). I love this paper!
- Birthday Wit. I’ve had loads of fun with the Birthday Wit stamp set – while there’s lots of “funny” in the set, I think this blocked “Happy Birthday” is beautiful. The fonts are fun, and the sentiment is classic. I stamped this in Berry Burst and quickly cropped it with my paper snips.
- Birthday Banners. How fun is this “tag-on” sentiment? Goes perfect with these candles, don’t you think? The stamp set also includes “…while we sing you a song.” Ha!
- Straighten Up. Here’s a closer look at the Birthday Banners stamp set (where I grabbed the fun tag-on sentiment for this card): As you can see, the sentiments are designed to follow the curves of the Bunch of Banners Framelits. How fun is that?! I didn’t need a banner here (I had already stamped and cut my “Happy Birthday,” so I played around with the sentiment a bit. Because it’s photopolymer, I slightly bent the sentiment as I placed it on the block – so easy. There’s still a little curve to “fire,” but I’m A-OK with that.
- Burning Candles. I take fire seriously – I give flames the respect they command. When making cards with candles, I can NEVER – I repeat, NEVER – add the sentiment above or on top of the candles for fear that the sentiment might catch fire. I also try my best to cut the flames too close to the top of the panel (same rationale). On this focal panel, I left plenty of room for the flames to breathe and placed my sentiment (safely) below the flames. <3
Stamp Sets: Birthday Wit, Birthday Banners Papers: Picture Perfect Party 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Berry Burst, Bermuda Bay, Thick Whisper White Inks: Berry Burst, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
SPRING ONE-FOR-ONE CARD SWAP. I want to see your Spring-themed cards! That’s why I’m hosting a Spring one-for-one card swap. I need to receive your cards by Friday, April 13, so please don’t wait! You can learn more here.