This week’s color challenge for the Global Design Project – a combination of Crumb Cake, Night of Navy and Tranquil Tide – gave me the perfect excuse to play around with my True Gentleman Designer Series Paper. With bold graphics and tailored patterns, this paper is perfect for Dad or the man in your life or the stylish, tailored woman. Here’s my sweet-and-simple card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card (the challenge goes live at the GDP at 7 am EST):
- For Him. My card pulls from two stamp sets that are designed for the man in your life – whether you call him Dad or Papa or Dear Husband. The sentiment and coordinating bow are from the Truly Tailored stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog. Here’s a look at the Truly Tailored bundle: Does it get any more dapper than a bow tie and a background of stylish hats? The band of hats was stamped with Guy Greetings (one of few stamp sets offered in wood mount, clear mount AND photopolymer). Here’s a look at that set:
- Dapper Dad. At first glance, you might think I stamped “Dapper Dad” inside the oval and added the bow. Wrong. I created my one sentiment by combining the “Dapper” from “Wishing You a Dapper Day” with the stand-alone “DAD.” With just a little masking, anything is possible. I put tape over all of the words except “Dapper,” inked the stamp, removed the tape and stamped down. How easy is that? I used my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to line up the “Dad” and bow tie for a perfect sentiment. The sentiment is perfectly showcased against the True Gentleman Designer Series Paper. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in this pack of gorgeous papers:
- Measurements. I played around with the striped in this paper to perfectly balance them on my card – I wanted the same amount of Very Vanilla on the top of the panel as the bottom. Here are the measurements I ended up with for this quick and simple card (starting from the card base and working my way up):
- Tranquil Tide – 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″)
- Night of Navy – 4-3/8″ x 3-7/8″
- True Gentleman Designer Series Paper – 4-1/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Crumb Cake – 3-3/4″ x 1-7/8″
- Thick Very Vanilla – Layering Ovals Framelits Dies
Stamp Sets: Truly Tailored, Guy Greetings Papers: True Gentleman Designer Series Paper, Tranquil Tide, Night of Navy, Thick Very Vanilla Inks: Tranquil Tide, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake Accessories: Layering Ovals Framelits Dies, Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge. This challenge goes live at 7 am EST.
Thanks for stopping by today!
SPRING ONE-FOR-ONE CARD SWAP. I want to see your Spring-themed cards! That’s why I’m hosting a Spring one-for-one card swap. I need to receive your cards by Friday, April 13, so please don’t wait! You can learn more here.