Welcome to the Pals April 2018 Blog Hop. Join us while we put “Families First” in our hop this month. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will inspire you with family related projects like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Graduation or Family Vacations. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
It’s a Good Day
There are so many occasions for families to get together to celebrate with one another. As we head into Spring, wedding season is upon us. Stampin’ Up!’s Silver Mini Gable Boxes are perfect for party favors – a great way to say, “thank you for joining us on this special day.” They can be stuffed with candies, small gifts or cold, hard cash. Who wouldn’t love to receive one of these little boxes filled with cash?!
For my Spring Stamp-Along last week, I made 170 of these little guys as party favors for the attendees – that’s A LOT of coloring that I didn’t expect to take as long as it did. Each container was filled with chocolates. What a fun way to kick off the day and set the tone for our “We’re Having a Party!” theme! To read more about event, click here.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Decorating the Boxes. The Silver Mini Gable Boxes are smaller than you might think (they measure 4″ x 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″) but they also hold more chocolates than you might think. I added a panel on the front of each box (the Basic Black frame measures 3-1/2″ x 2-1/4″ and the inside panel is 1/8″ shorter on both sides). I stamped “It’s a good day” from Best Birds on each panel and adhered the panel to each box before assembling the boxes. I stamped, cropped and colored the flowers in a variety of colors to match the Pool Party and Pink Pirouette bases. They flowers were added to the boxes with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Petal Palette. These flowers from Petal Palette are one of my favorite images from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog. With just a touch of color, the flowers are transformed – and there are so many ways to add that color. Here’s a look at this amazing, must-have bundle:I used Stampin’ Blends on these. As you may already know, Stampin’ Blends have been EXTREMELY popular and are currently un-orderable while the company restocks the supply. They will be orderable again at the end of May. With the launch of Stampin’ Up!’s Color Revamp, I’m looking forward to more Stampin’ Blends in new and exciting colors!
- How Versatile! While these boxes are designed as a table favor for a wedding, they could easily be used for a baby shower, bridal luncheon or birthday. I used Pool Party and Pink Pirouette bases with a variety of flower colors (Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Pink Pirouette, Pumpkin Pie, Pool Party and Rich Razzleberry). With a shift of colors, these boxes can tie-in with almost any theme. I really love the yellow flower on the blue box – that combinations really stands out to me. If you like this combination, too, please save this:
Bundles: Petal Palette Bundle Stamp Sets: Petal Palette, Best Birds Papers: Silver Mini Gable Boxes, Basic Black, Pool Party, Pink Pirouette, Thick Whisper White Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin’ Blends (Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Calypso Coral, Pink Pirouette) Accessories: Petals & More Thinlits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 when we all “Step It Up with Textures or Techniques”. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
Thanks for stopping by today!
Here’s a look at the products I used to make this project: