Last weekend was a whirlwind of excitement – with my Stamp-Along event, CenterStage and OnStage, I was a busy boy. After a little “down time” this week, I was happy to play with some of the new products I received over the weekend. Here’s a cute card I made for the FabFriday sketch challenge that kicks off today:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Animal Outing. Stampin’ Up!’s OnStage event last weekend, demonstrators were showered with sneak peeks, great demonstrations and free product. All attendees at the event received the Animal Outing stamp set from the Animal Expedition Suite in the new catalog. What fun! The rhino and kangaroo (with a koala in its pouch) are the stand out images in this set, but I really love the bitty frog, so I knew I wanted to feature him today. Here’s a sneak peek look at this fun, new stamp set that will be available in the new catalog: I love the fun sentiments in this set. I stamped “thank you BIG TIME” in Archival Basic Black on the Thick Very Vanilla panel and then stamped the frog and branch in Mint Macaron on top of that, allowing the Mint Macaron image to blend into the bold sentiment. I love the combination of the “BIG” sentiment with the squatty, small frog. 🙂
- Layers. I love the simplicity of this fun sketch from FabFriday – and my card is obviously inspired by it. In very “Brian King fashion,” though, I had to add my own layers to build up to the small panel on the front. I used the Diagonal Stripes background stamp to add a little texture to my background panel of Mint Macron cardstock. Here’s a look at this stamp set: Here are the other layers on my card (starting with the base and working toward the front of the card):
- Crumb Cake – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (scored at 4-1/4″)
- Mint Macaron – 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Thick Very Vanilla – 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″
- Mint Macaron – 4-3/8″ x 3-1/8″
- Crumb Cake – 2″ x 3-1/2″ (cropped with Banner Triple punch)
- Thick Very Vanilla – 3-1/2″ x 2-1/4″
- Soft Colors. I’m so excited for the upcoming Color Revamp (I’ll be sharing much more about that tomorrow). There are some great, new colors headed out way – and some returning favorites. Yay! When I saw that Mint Macaron was returning, I couldn’t wait to dig Mint Macaron out my retired stash of papers. What fun! I adore this combination of Very Vanilla, Mint Macaron and Crumb Cake. If you like it, too, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Animal Outing, Diagonal Papers: Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron, Thick Very Vanilla Inks: Mint Macaron, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Banner Triple Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
COLORS, COLORS, COLORS. You’ve likely seen lots about the new colors (and the returning favorites). Yay! This weekend, my posts are dedicated to everything you need to know about these new colors. Upcoming newsletters will have some great printables and unique comparisons, too! What fun! If you’d like to learn more, please check back over the weekend and subscribe to my newsletter: