Before I share today’s card, I want to give a big “thank you” Amy O’Neill for selecting my Freshly Made Sketches card from two weeks ago as an honorable mention in Sketch FMS336. I love playing along with challenges for great inspiration. Even though it’s never expected, it’s always nice to be recognized. You can see that card here.
Today’s card is my submission for this week’s Freshly Made Sketches challenge AND the FabFriday Color Challenge that kicks off today. How fun to combine both challenges! Here’s my simple, layered card that features the Share What You Love stamp set, part of Stampin’ Up!’s Early Release promotion:
- Share What You Love Early Release. This sweet flower (stamped three times for a sweet trio) is from the Love What You Do stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. Good news! You don’t have to wait until June 1 to order this gem. During May, Stampin’ Up! is offering this set in three bundles during a Share What You Love Early Release promotion. Here’s a look at this stamp set: Each of the “available now” bundles includes this wonderful stamp set. To see all three of the new bundles – and I know you want one of these before the bundles go away – please click on the image below:
- Black Ink. I’m not ready to give up my Archival Basic Black ink. While Stampin’ Up! is discontinuing the Archival inks (Basic Black and Basic Gray) after quality concerns, I’ve never – not once – had a problem with mine. I am totally cool with StazOn and Memento as alternatives, but I love my Archival inks. I stamped these flowers with Archival Basic Black, let them dry and then colored them with my Stampin’ Write Markers – Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo and Powder Pink. So easy! Earlier this week, I shared some reference charts to help you organize your black inks. Click on the image below to read more:
- Card Layers. My card is clean-and-simple in style even though it features many layers of cardstock. The sweet trio of flowers is framed with Basic Black cardstock and a large panel of textured Crumb Cake. Here are the measurements for this card, starting with the base of the card and working my way up:
- Thick Whisper White – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (scored at 4-1/4″)
- Basic Black – 4-7/8″ x 3-5/8″
- Crumb Cake -4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Basic Black – 3-7/8″ x 2-5/8″
- Whisper White – 3-3/4″ x 2-1/2″
- Flirty Flamingo – Classic Label punch (snipped)
Bundles: Share What You Love Stamp Sets: Love What You Do, Itty Bitty Greetings Papers: Thick Whisper White, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo Inks: Archival Basic Black, Stampin’ Write Markers (Melon Mambo, Flirty Flamingo, Powder Pink) Accessories: Quilt Top Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Classic Label punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
Early Release – Get These New Products Now
Be sure to check out the Early Release items that are currently available to customers. I’m so excited we get to share this suite with you – so many great products in these offerings. Click on the image below to take a look at the .pdf promotional:To read more about this new promotion, CLICK HERE.
Sign up for Product Shares and DSP Swatch Books Today
I’ve posted my 2018 Annual Catalog Product Shares and Designer Series Paper Swatch Books. If you’d like a sample of the papers, ribbons and accessories in the new catalog, I hope you’ll check them out! CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE.