I have so many wonderful things to cover today, so please buckle up and hang on. My card for this week’s Global Design Project challenge is special for several reasons. Here are a few:
- It’s “CASE the Designer” week at GDP, and we are CASEing one of my projects – it’s always an honor to see what other designers come up with based on one of my cards.
- Today’s card features a new bundle that was designed by a great friend (and up-upline), Mary Fish after she reached her $1 million in sales mark. More on that later.
- It’s Memorial Day in the United States. While this card isn’t directly themed for a Memorial Day card, I chose a red, white and blue theme for my card as a small nod to those we honor today.
Here’s my card for this week’s challenge:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
If you’d like a closer look at the original card that’s part of this week’s challenge, CLICK HERE.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- CASE (verb) \ˈkās\. When we CASE (Copy and Share Everything or Copy and Selectively Edit), we find inspiration in a project – theme, color combinations, layout, products used – and create our own project by making changes to make it our own. When CASEing, it’s important to give credit to the original designer – it doesn’t take away from your project at all. You might be scratching your head and wondering how I got from the challenge card to the one I’m sharing today. There’s nothing from this stamp set, the colors are different and I’ve used a different layout for my card. Let me draw a couple of lines for you:
- Like the inspiration card, this card is a “for friend” card.
- Like the inspiration card, the focal point is a beautiful collection of flowers.
- A gorgeous sentiment is included on both projects.
- Varied Vases. I don’t want to understate this, but Varied Vases is going to be the top-selling bundle from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. Not only is it versatile for either modern or classic projects, but it’s a photopolymer/punch bundle. Oh! And it was designed with inspiration from Mary Fish as recognition for her $1 million sales milestone. Here’s a look at this new bundle (which is likely already on your wish list, right?): How incredible are these options? So many great flowers and vases in the set and punch. I tucked “hey friend” (from Itty Bitty Greetings) under the arched orchid and then added “you couldn’t be more amazing” from Amazing Congratulations. What a perfect pair! Here’s a closer look at the elements that make up the focal point of the card:
- Color Combination. I’ve always loved the combination of aqua colors with red tones. Pool Party and Real Red has always made me happy. I’ve also love the combination of Pool Party with Melon Mambo. It seems reasonable, then that the soft blue would look great with Lovely Lipstick, right? I gave it a try and love it. I toned down the gorgeous clash of these two colors with a Crumb Cake base. If you are inspired by this combination of Lovely Lipstick, Pool Party and Crumb Cake, please save this:
Bundles: Varied Vases Stamp Sets: Varied Vases, Amazing Congratulations, Itty Bitty Greetings Papers: Crumb Cake, Lovely Lipstick, Pool Party, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Lovely Lipstick, Pool Party, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Vases Builder Punch, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for you to play along with this week’s challenge! What an honor it would be for me to see your project that was inspired by my simple card. <3 BONUS!!! The winner of this week’s Global Design Project challenge will be invited to join our team as a guest designer for the newt six month.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Early Release – Get These New Products Now
The Make a Difference stamp set featured on this card is available in two of the Share What You Love bundles – and the Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper is only available in one. Be sure to check out the Early Release items that are currently available to customers. I’m so excited we get to share this suite with you – so many great products in these offerings. Click on the image below to take a look at the .pdf promotional:To read more about this new promotion, CLICK HERE.
Time is Running Out – Sign up for Product Shares and DSP Swatch Books Today
I’ve posted my 2018 Annual Catalog Product Shares and Designer Series Paper Swatch Books. If you’d like a sample of the papers, ribbons and accessories in the new catalog, I hope you’ll check them out! CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE.