You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
A Broadway Birthday with a Trio of Brights
For today’s hop, I’ve created a birthday card with the Broadway Birthday Bundle and a brilliant pairing of bright colors. How’s that for a bunch of “B” words?! Here’s my card:
- Broadway Bound. I adore the bright colors and festive images in the new Broadway Bound Suite of products in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. Who doesn’t love a big celebration? To see all of the products in the coordinating Broadway Bound Suite, click on the picture below: The Broadway Birthday bundle is the shining star star of the Broadway Bound Suite and the focal point of my card – and I couldn’t love it more. Here’s a look at the Broadway Birthday photopolymer Bundle: There’s a marquee sign, party hats, candles and bold sentiments. Do you need more? Well, I added a cute cake with the Blow out the Candles Bundle – how adorable is this three-step stamping cake (I only added color to the base of the cake and let the icing stay white):
- Build-a-Sign with Broadway Birthday. The marquee sign that’s the focal point of my card is built from three pieces – using the Broadway Lights Framelits Dies to create each. Here’s a look at the components of the sign before I assembled it on my card: Here’s how I build each layer:
- I used the Broadway Lights Framelits to crop the sign with Basic Black cardstock. With one pass through the Big Shot, you are left with three pieces – the border of the sign, the inside piece of the sign and the outline of the sign in the remaining cardstock. I only kept the black border from the die.
- I stamped my sentiment with Poppy Parade and Coastal Cabana inks on Thick Whisper White cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the same dies, keeping only the center of the marquee sign.
- I used the outline of the marque to trace a marquee sign on Pineapple Punch cardstock I snipped it out to give a base to my sign.
- I glued the black border to the yellow cardstock and then tucked in the Whisper White panel. So fun!
- Bright Colors. If you’re going to celebrate a birthday, you might as well have some amazing, bright colors to coordinate, right? I reached for my Brights and 2018-2020 In Colors 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Papers to create a base for the card in coordinating colors and fun patterns that matched the inks I used in the sentiment. What fun! If you like this combination of Poppy Parade, Coastal Cabana and Pineapple Punch, please save this:
Bundles: Broadway Birthday Bundle, Blow Out the Candles Bundle Stamp Sets: Broadway Birthday, Blow Out the Candles Papers: Brights 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (Poppy Parade, Coastal Cabana), Poppy Parade, Pineapple Punch, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White Inks: Poppy Parade, Coastal Cabana, Jet Black Memento Accessories: Broadway Lights Framelits Dies, Candles & Confetti Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see which “B” the rest of my Pals are using. Please show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Blog Hop Lineup:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Su Mohr at AromasAndArt
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
Thanks for stopping by today!
Here’s a link to all the products I used on today’s card: