When I first saw Stampin’ Up!’s Puzzle Pieces Thinlits dies, an idea popped into my head. That idea has floated around in there for a while – just waiting for the right time to squeeze itself onto a card. Today’s the day! This week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge gave me the push to put that idea on paper. 🙂 I cropped puzzle pieces in Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green to create this sweet card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Love You to Pieces. How adorable is the Love You to Pieces Bundle? There are so many sentiments in this set that smartly coordinate with the puzzle pieces in the coordinating Puzzle Pieces Thinlits dies: “Love you to pieces,” “Let’s get together soon, “One piece at a time,” “You are my missing piece” and “Thanks for keeping me together.” I chose the sweet-and-simple “We just fit” for my card. Here’s a look at this incredible bundle:I cropped puzzle pieces with the square set of Thinlits shown in the top, right corner of the product photo. I cropped them in all three colors so that I could mix-and-match them as I pleased. What fun!
- Faux Embossing. I love these puzzle pieces and adore the way they fit with this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge. Here’s a closer look at the front of this card (in case you can’t really see the white pieces in the card above):The Whisper White puzzle pieces serve two function on this card that add to the overall design:
- Texture. By gluing Whisper White cutouts to a Whisper White card base, I’ve given the illusion of a page dry-embossed with puzzle pieces. It’s a fun technique to add a little texture and depth to your project.
- Drama. The pink and green puzzle pieces really stand out in a sea of white. That’s exactly what I wanted since these are pieces that really “fit.” I was careful to position the other puzzle pieces so that they wouldn’t fit with one another as placed on the card.
- Color Combination. I love the fresh, preppy combination of pink and green. Granny Apple Green is a brilliant, new color that needs to make its way into to your craft space. At first glance, you might say this bright green is close to Lemon Lime Twist, but it’s actually closer to Old Olive – it’s a lighter, brighter version of Old Olive (very reminiscent of Lucky Limeade). Here’s a comparison of these three greens:If you like this combination of Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green and Whisper White, please save this:
Bundles: Love You to Pieces Stamp Sets: Love You to Pieces Papers: Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Basic Black, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Accessories: Puzzle Pieces Thinlits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog is live! There are so many exciting and new products in this book – CLICK HERE to review the new catalog and flip through each of the beautifully coordinated suites.
My Favorite Things. Want to see what I love most in this amazing book? Maybe you’ve missed something or maybe I can help you to pare down your wish list? Be sure to check out both days and let me know what you think! Click on the links below to review my list of Favorite Things:
- My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day One
- My Favorite Things from Stampin ‘Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – Day Two
You’ve been saving up for this new catalog (I respect you so much for that), and I want to help you make the most of the money you are ready to spend. For two weeks, I’m offering bundled pricing on some Brian-bundled Color Collections. There’s no better way to save on the new colors so you can get even more.
- 2018-2020 In Color All-in Bundle
- 2018-2020 In Color Basics Bundle
- Just the New Colors Bundle
- Brights Bundle
- Subtles Bundle
- Regals Bundle
- Neutrals Bundle
To see what items are included in each bundle and to place your order, CLICK HERE.